Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Im having trouble printing G mails

Customer Question
I'm having trouble printing "G...
I'm having trouble printing "G mails" isince switching from AOL. Also many other problems; computer much slower,cannot access most web sites, must click twice before a web site appears, etc. Printer seems OK XXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
10/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
MacOS X Version 10.5.8 I believe I am signed up for "Apple Care"?
We're not Apple nor Authorized to Apple. This is JustAnswer, you have to pay for correct answers you get here. If i couldn't solve your problem, you don't have to pay. Is there any confusion ?
I am concerned that my answers such as credit card number is XXXXX secure!
Everything is secured in here...This website is VeriSign Secured and Accredited by BBB.
Security??
I did ---go ahead
We can try some basic troubleshooting steps and see if that works or not.

Reset PRAM and NVRAM (Solution 1)
  1. Shut down your Mac
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  6. Release the keys.

Restart in Safe mode
(Solution 2)
Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator. Let the Mac boot up...

Run Disk Utility in Single User Mode(Solution 3)
Turn your Mac off. Turn it back on and this time hold down the Command (Apple) key and the S keys at the same time. Then type the following command...

/sbin/fsck -fy (note the space between fsck and -fy)

If you can't run /sbin/fsck - fy then type only fsk - fy

Hit return and the disk utility should run and let it finish. When it finishes and there is no error, then type reboot and hit return. Let the Mac boot up. (Disk Utility will fix all system errors, bad preferences files etc)

Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.
I was not given a chance to say that the Mac computer is connected to the
same modem/router as are two laptop PC's by wireless. I don't know whether this would make a difference or not.

GFP
That doesn't matter..It should work. Also, change the DNS of your Mac to Open DNS. Follow the instructions in here : http://store.opendns.com/setup/operatingsystem/apple-osx-leopard

(Ignore Step 5 in the instructions)

It still does not work. Please turn my problem over to your "expert" panel of you give me more suggestions. So far, it's exactly the same as before. GPeppers
Do you have this printing problem only with Firefox ?
No, with 1 or 2 others as well.
What you meant by "1 or 2 others" ?
Ashik, Mac Technician