Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Good Morning, My name isXXXXX I have a iPod i

Customer Question
Good Morning, My name isXXXXX...
Good Morning,
My name isXXXXX I have a iPod i use to keep ALL if my work details on my iPod calender. I have been having trouble sinking with Outlook. I re installed Outlook and tried to sink. I LOST ALL my candler off my iPod. Is there any way you can restore my back up to what it was 24 hours a ago. I lost it about 8 pm central time..
The Acct. [email protected] Please see if you can help me, I am sick:) thinking a screwed up that bad!!
Thanks
XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
10/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

Connect your iPod to your computer. Open iTunes and select your iPod in Devices list, in left column. Right click on it and select Restore From Backup. From the Restore From Backup window, select the backup of your iPod dated prior to the problem and click Restore. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
this did not restore the calender or the notes,
but I did not see a place to set the restore date. If we can set the restore to this time yesterday we will be good.
William
can't you see any restore points the Restore From Backup option ?
No Sir. It just shows my name and the last back up time.
Are you sure you are on the correct window ? See a sample picture below (mine is iPad, not iPod);
The dates are way back in 2010 February.
How many restore points are there and what are they ?
Thanks for your patience Sir! I am still tiring. I am using the old date. I will let you know what happens. Should I manualy do a back up? I thought or (assumed) that when it says in the sink window Back Up it does it then. I am learning thanks for the help. I am 51 and have very little comp. esp. LOL
You should've done the Manual backup before. I do manual backup every week, so if anything goes wrong i can always restore the backup. Although iTunes do Automatic Backup, it will replace old one when you sync your iPad next time and it doens't work always.
Well Shoot me running!! You learn something everyday they say. A day you don't learn something is a day wasted I guess. Thank you for your help and your time. I will do the best I can with the out come of the crack I have got myself in.
William

PS I will share the back up info with me family. We all have Apple stuff and we all depend on it to much. TTYL
Great ! Since there is no backup, i think they are gone. There is no calendar on your Outlook. Right ?
Forgot to ask. Does iTunes restored the calendars ?
no sir, but after doing the last back up like you told me it picked up in April 16 of this year. So I did not loose everything just the last several mouths.
While i have you with me can you help me sink with outlook. That is where i lost the iPod. It took on the calenders of outlook, and there was nothing on them.
I'm glad you atleast recovered something. Select your iPod in iTunes, click Info tab. Under Calendars select Outlook and click Sync. When you asked to Erase or Merge, select Merge. Let me know how it goes...

PS : Do a Manual back of your iPod before syncing again.
LOL!! I have learned something my Friend, but i did not think about it. :) Will do- I will let ya know. TKS
Okay...Good Luck !
I did not get a merge window. I have seen this window before, so I know what your are talking about. I am using Outlook 2010. I up graded the outlook. I was using 2003. If this is COOL I will let you go. I know you have others to help. you have been GREAT and I will say so in the review I give.

William (the educated one)
Thats strange...I'd like to help you until we fix the problem. Did you setup your outlook for email ?
No Sir. I like Yahoo and am use to it. so i did not do the email thing when I loaded the outlook last night. I clicked the skip window for the email. I am sync ing now and it is taking a long time. so something is going on. I am ether loosing it again or it is adding to outlook. That is how i learned how to spell sync. LOL. So i have learned 2 things!!
I will let you know. again THANKS
LOL ! Sure...If erased, you can restore from backup.
OK DUDE - I am gone.
Things are good. Notes did not sync. but I will follow you advice and I will get it figured out. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

The learned one,
William
You're most welcome !
Hi William, do you have any other questions. If you like my service don't forget to click Accept and leave me Positive Feedback.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician