Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I have tried to send emails from my ipad and the message that

Customer Question

I have tried to send emails from my ipad and the message that connection to out going server smpt.telus.net failed. I can send emails from my laptop with no problems. I have high speed wireless whats going on Diane
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

Please let me know ONLY the part of your email address after the '@' symbol (like gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc, etc). Please do not give me the whole email address as the system will hide it for your privacy. Please click "Reply to your expert" to let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

telusplanet.net

Thank you!. Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Mac computers and Apple devices, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

Please follow the steps below from the iPad:

1- Tap Settings

2- Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"

3- Tap your Telus account under "Accounts" on the upper right section of the screen. If you have more than one "Telus" account under "Accounts" please let me know

4- Tap "Delete Account"

5- Tap "Delete" to confirm

6- Tap "Add Account" under "Accounts"

7- Tap Other

8- Enter your Name, Full email address, and password, then tap "Next" on the upper right corner

And make sure you are using the following servers:

Telus Incoming Mail Server: pop.telus.net or (IMAP) imap.telus.net

Telus Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.telus.net

9- You will see "Verifying" on top. If you get an error message please let me know.

10- If all is right, you will see a "SAVE" button on the upper right. Tap it

11- Press the main button of the iPad to go to the main screen

12- Tap the "Mail" app

13- Tap Inbox on the upper left corner

14- Tap "Mailboxes"

15- Tap Inbox under 'Mailboxes'

16- You will see the list of messages on the left. Tap them to read

17- After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

18- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.