Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Im trying to get on the student financial aid website and

I'm trying to get on...
I'm trying to get on the student financial aid website and I keep getting the message that an "Incompatible browser" is detected. i have an eMac with 10.4.11 with Safari 4.1.3 and the FAFSA site suggests Safari 4.x, I'm not finding an archive to download it from. HELP. we can't do this all at the library!
8/30/2011
Mike, Mac Maestro

Mike :

Hi - I'm happy to help with your Mac issue. Please remember to Accept when we are completely finished and you are satisfied with my answer.

Mike :

I suggest that you browse to mozilla.org and download a copy of FireFox. It is usually more compatible with sites that don't like Safari. Make sure to download the correct version for your eMac, and everything will likely be working again.

Mike :

Here is the Safari 4.3.1 for Tiger - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1069

Customer:

I tried the Safari website and could not find an option to download anything except a new version of Safari 5.1, which I downloaded and it would not run, so dumped it. I will try the link you attached. Also went to Firefox and tried to find 3.6 to download, could not see where to get it. I will try Safari now.

Customer:

I have Safari 4.1.3 already

Mike :

Firefox 3.6 is at http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.6.20&os=osx&lang=en-US

Mike :

Safari 4.3.1 is the last release that will run on Tiger

Mike, Mac Maestro
Mike, Mac Maestro