Mac

I have an account - paid $64 yesterday and STILL do not have…

Customer Question
I have an account -...
I have an account - paid $64 yesterday and STILL do not have an answer - please let me know... Read full answer
I have an account - paid $64 yesterday and STILL do not have an answer - please let me know
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/29/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Hello there! I saw your previous post and i read that your having issues with your adobe programs. The fastest and easiest way to try and fix a program that doesn't start in mac is to pull the plist files. To do this go to the mac hd icon then users followed by your user then library and finally preferences. Trash any files in here that start with com.adobe then restart your comp and try to open the programs.
John - I tried what you suggested - it didn't work...

I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER -THE 1ST SUGGESTION WAS TO RE-INSTALL - N/A
2ND ANSWER WAS TO DELETE COM.ADOBE AND RESTART COMPUTER. I DID THAT AND ALL PROGRAMS WORK, BUT NOT ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS2

I'M WAITING PATIENTLY - THANKSI'M STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER -THE 1ST SUGGESTION WAS TO RE-INSTALL - N/A

I'M WAITING PATIENTLY - THANKS

So most of the programs were able to work? The next step is to remove another preference file but this time going through the mac hd >library>preferences then delete any files that say com.adobe.illustrator and try again. If this fails we will need to make a new user and see if the program opens in that user.

Hi Johnn,
OK - I did what you said in the last answer - was I suppose to restart the computer - or just try to open the program? I put the com.adobe.illustrator in the trash, emptied the trash, then tried to open Illustrator - crash message. So now I'm going to restart the computer (which means this message board is gone) - then once it's up - I will try to open Illustrator
I'm back - still no luck - don't know if you got the message - sorry for any duplication... this is frustrating - it's 10:30 PST - so you probably won't answer tonight - for whatever reason, I'm not hearing a "ping or bing" when you send a message - if you want to text me - then I guess I need to go to the screen for that? sigh - I'm obviously NOT a tech person.
Thanks for your patience. Cheers, Victoria
No worries Victoria ill be here. Also If u can make a new user and see if you can open illustrator in that user. This will help determine if there is something your user that is stopping the program from running correctly.
Good Morning Johnn,
I do not know how to make a new user - sorry - do you want to chat or do we need to go through this site? Thanks
Hi Johnn - NEED HELP PLEASE
Sorry about the wait i am here. To make a new user go to the apple icon then to system preferences. once in the system preferences window look for an accounts icon. Click the icon and a window will open with a list of users on the left hand side. To add user simply click the (+) plus icon. One click the plus icon you will get another window that ask the account type name password XXXXX Make sure the account type is administrator then use whatever name or password. If you get prompted to turn off automatic login just say no. Then go back to the apple icon and select log out. At this point you will enter into the new user and test illustrator.
Where do I find the MobileMe User Name ??????
for mobile me it in the system preferences then the icon mobile me but that isn't needed when making a new user account on your mac.
Hi Johnn, OK - I did all of the above - with another user, Illustrator does open...but I got another desktop and couldn't get to my files... guess I wasn't suppose to...the good news Illustrator CS2 opened - so I came back to my regular user - and of course, wouldn't open - so what's next - I need to be able to access my files and emails.
I still have not gotten an answer - and I still cannot access Illustrator CS2 - any other suggestions?
Thanks...I need to get this fixed
YES, I need more information = PLEASE
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Somehow all my data and Chats have disappeared. It seems
Somehow all my data and Chats have disappeared. It seems like my account has disappeared and a new one is in place. Bring back my account which I was using yesterday and for the past 3 months. Thanks … read more
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line,
Information Technology
I just moved to Vancouver, Canada and wish to set up my
HI, I just moved to Vancouver, Canada and wish to set up my Apple Music, Please let me know if this is possible and how do I establish an account. … read more
I don't understand how to get money from my account. A
I don't understand how to get money from my account. A vendor gave me a refund a few months back, not much at all, but I could never find it. Now I want to sell a pair of shoes, but how do I collect m… read more
Stop searching for answers—
I am unable to receive or post on my google group. I have
I am unable to receive or post on my google group. I have been given permission by the owner but still can't get in. … read more
Micky
Micky
Lead Systems Administrator,
I need to activate my Ipod and forgot my ID. Never. Why was
I need to activate my Ipod and forgot my ID JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID? Customer: never JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool? Customer: no… read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
I recieved a message that my apple account was hacked and i
I recieved a message that my apple account was hacked and i had been locked out . Ive tried to change my password ***** get back on and it still will not let me get into my account … read more
It Support Specialist,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I t a wall installing avid media composer 6 on my iMac
hi, I hit a wall installing avid media composer 6 on my iMac (24inch,2009) 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Due, 8 GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce GT Graphics. Installation stops at selecting the disk to install the pr… read more
Senior Engineer,
I am getting ready to purchase an Ipad. I have gone to apple
I am getting ready to purchase an Ipad. I have gone to apple Ipad support site but when I try to view a vidio I can only get a screen that tells me to download quicktime. Yesteday I spent $38 dollars … read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
My email address [email protected] I signed in a new
My email address [email protected] I signed in a new ipad yesterday, and was given a password XXXXX xxxxxx. However, when I try to use it on my new ipad, which by the way when I try to download someth… read more
IPad will not connect to Safari. Says on the screen there is
IPad will not connect to Safari. Says on the screen there is no internet connection, but all our other computers connect. It worked fine untill yesterday?… read more
My daughter recorded a conversation between her and her father
My daughter recorded a conversation between her and her father yesterday. She said she was careful to make sure recording was on. The recording was erased quickly after she made it and it was in her p… read more
Somehow I cant get a password. I had an account which expired.
Somehow I can't get a password. I had an account which expired. I need it to reactivate my web site. I have been talking to several agents and no one could help yet.… read more
Stop searching for answers—
I have a new Dell Inspiron running Windows 7, 64 bit. I have
I have a new Dell Inspiron running Windows 7, 64 bit. I have tried downloading the 64bit version of Itunes 10 several times. Each time at the "verifying installation" step, I get an error that says (a… read more
I just bought an Mac Book Pro, and the software package that
I just bought an Mac Book Pro, and the software package that includes Pages. At home yesterday I created a document I have to have today at work. I emailed it to myself and others. Nobody can open it,… read more
in gmail I tried to send pictures by e-mail but the timmer
in gmail I tried to send pictures by e-mail but the timmer kept running but no message was sent . today i have the same indication and can not send or receive mail' worked with apple and my e-mail wor… read more
My password in being rejected. my mobleme account has expired,
My password XXXXX being rejected. my mobleme account has expired, and I am just trying to find out how to pay my bill. Please help. I already paid $38 yeaterday and got not results. or an anaswer.… read more
I have downloaded the Windows 7 version of ITunes as you suggested,
I have downloaded the Windows 7 version of ITunes as you suggested, but everytime I try to open ITunes it still wants to revert back to older version of Windows. I don't know what I am doing wrong?… read more
When I download itunes and open the store the toolbar only
When I download itunes and open the store the toolbar only indicates APP and ITUNE U. There is nothing on the toolbar for movies, music, podcast, TV, etc. I want to be able to rent and view movies and… read more