Mac

I have installed Lion. My Bose speakers no longer work. Is…

I have installed Lion. My...
I have installed Lion. My Bose speakers no longer work. Is there a fix? Thanking you....... Read full answer
I have installed Lion. My Bose speakers no longer work. Is there a fix? Thanking you....
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/29/2011
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist

Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

Jesse :

What is the make/model of the speakers?

Customer:

Hi Jesse,

Customer:

Bose computer MusicMonitor....

Jesse :

Do they connect to your computer through the USB port, or just through the audio jack?

Customer:

Audio jack, they have worked fine and are switched on... LOL. Just found that after installing LION they don't work any longer?

Jesse :

Open your System Preferences (located under the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen), select the Sound pane, and choose the Output tab.

Jesse :

Make sure it's set to Headphone.

Customer:

Standby 1......

Jesse :

Okay.

Customer:

Okay - did not show headphones........ but re-plugging them in and has now shown them! Cool Jesse, many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX now! Have a good one!

Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Bose sound link speaker will connect but there is no sound
Bose sound link speaker will connect but there is no sound when connected to ipad … read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
The red button on the far left of my Bose Soundlink Mini
The red button on the far left of my Bose Soundlink Mini speaker is blinking continuously and I can't get the speaker to work. … read more
Rahul T
Rahul T
BE
Sound for games does not work thru IPAD, unless using
Sound for games does not work thru IPAD, unless using Bluetooth, then it works. I have a Bose speaker which used to work through Bluetooth and when listening to Spotify and then played a streamed in g… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
Stop searching for answers—
I'm having trouble—on my iPad my Bose soundlink speaker was
I'm having trouble—on my iPad my Bose soundlink speaker was connected and I was able to play songs from Spotify through it. But it's no longer connected in my settings- … read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
The blue tooth blue light on my bose speaker does nothing
The blue tooth blue light on my bose speaker does nothing but blink, It will not change to white after pushing it for three seconds and I cannot connect my iPhone 6 to it … read more
Sheri
Sheri
I do not have my password and must retrieve it thank you.
I do not have my password ***** must retrieve it thank you. … read more
Jon
Jon
Bachelors Degree
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have an Apple Laptop. I have install the Bose ecuqipment
I have an Apple Laptop. I have install the Bose ecuqipment correctly. But I hear no noise. … read more
Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe
IT Manager,
I have Bose speakers and a Cambridge Soundworks subwoofer attached
I have Bose speakers and a Cambridge Soundworks subwoofer attached to my IMAC. I have been getting a buzzing sound for a while now, and today I can't get the output to play through those speakers, onl… read more
david
david
Since upgrading my iMac to Yosemite, my Bose Companion 5 speakers
Since upgrading my iMac to Yosemite, my Bose Companion 5 speakers no longer work. They still work on my Macbook (which in not Yosemite)... I have tried configuring them in the Audio Midi Setup, but st… read more
Senior Engineer,
hi mike i've recently purchased an iMac and want to connect
hi mike i've recently purchased an iMac and want to connect my Bose speakers to it. i've been using an old Denon amp which is now faulty and wondered if theres a device i could buy to facilitate this … read more
Steve Gardner
Steve Gardner
Automation Engineer,
I want to purchase a bluetooth speaker for the Ipad. Or
I want to purchase a bluetooth speaker for the Ipad. Or I could go direct to a loud speaker via a cable. Could you please tell me how good the bluetooth connection is. I have an Ipad 3 with full memor… read more
Cris
Cris
I have a 2009 vintage soundlink. I just upgraded my 2009
I have a 2009 vintage soundlink. I just upgraded my 2009 iMac to the most recent version. I plugged in the wireless USD dongle into a port on the back on the new machine, and restarted. A link was not… read more
Support Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
bose 321 system...ihave activated air play using hdmi connection,but
bose 321 system...ihave activated air play using hdmi connection,but only able to use tv speakers?? need to use bose speakers...help!!… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
my mac to recognize my companion 5 speaker control
How do I get my mac to recognize my companion 5 speaker control disc for volume control. In the preference pane for sound it sees the Bose system for output but the message under the pane indicates th… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
my ipod touch skips from the middle of playing one song to
my ipod touch skips from the middle of playing one song to the start of another song without anyone touching the ipod. this has occurred when connected to more than one type of speaker, i.e. a brand n… read more
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack
My external Bose speakers suddenly stopped working in my IMac.
My external Bose speakers suddenly stopped working in my IMac. They work on another computer. I installed the newest OS to see if that would help, but no. The headphones work, however. Could this be a… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
I have a new Bose Companion 5 computer speaker system. While
I have a new Bose Companion 5 computer speaker system. While the majority of the reviews were very positive, I find the system to be rather shrill and thin sounding. In reading the forums, it would se… read more
Ben Snyder
Ben Snyder
PhD Student,
My MAcBook pro has been muting my computer lately when I disconnect
My MAcBook pro has been muting my computer lately when I disconnect from another device. I used to just restart and thngs were ok but that has not worked this time. When I go to change the sound outpu… read more
Mac Genius,