Mac

I just bought an Ipad and something strange is happening. Whenever…

Customer Question
I just bought an Ipad...
I just bought an Ipad and something strange is happening. Whenever I am filling out forms to put in my email, its forcing a space between letters not letting me accurately put in the email address. How can I fix this?... Read full answer
I just bought an Ipad and something strange is happening. Whenever I am filling out forms to put in my email, its forcing a space between letters not letting me accurately put in the email address. How can I fix this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
8/29/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Whenever you are typing anything, it would throw up some suggestions. Just tap on the 'x' button next to it so that the suggestion is deleted.

Or just go to Settings > General > Keyboard and turn off the auto-correction.

Let me know whether this resolves the issue.

Thank You
Vinod

Click on accept only after the issue is resolved..
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
when i click the X and try again it does the same thing again.
Did you try turning off auto correction from settings-general-keyboard?
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a gmail account. I no longer get new nail…about 4 or
I have a gmail account. I no longer get new nail…about 4 or 5 days now. I have followed all e steps about a zillion times on a variety of google help things. There are critical (to my life) services t… read more
Studying for Masters Degree in IT,
My iPad will not charge. I thought it was the charger so I
My iPad will not charge. I thought it was the charger so I bought a new one. But it looks like the problem is in the iPad. I was told at Verizon that I have to send it in to you folks. If I have to do… read more
Mac Support Specialist,
Inadvertently deleted google chrome. How to fix n how to fix
Inadvertently deleted google chrome. How to fix n how to fix slowness of iPad, keeps freezing when getting info? … read more
Michael T
Michael T
Stop searching for answers—
I have an iPad Air 2, 128GB, Wifi, iOS 11.4 model MGTX2LL/A.
Hi, I have an iPad Air 2, 128GB, Wifi, iOS 11.4 model MGTX2LL/A. Having problems with ti since I installed 11.1 … read more
John - Tech Expert
John - Tech Expert
Computing Network Management and Design
My iPad, iPad mini and iPhone all are doing strange things.
My name is ***** ***** my iPad, iPad mini and iPhone all are doing strange things. They type by themselves, flip between sites, alternates between large and small on pages , freezes up,when you type i… read more
It Support Specialist,
I have an ipad that I bought 3 or 4 years ago and set up for
I have an ipad that I bought 3 or 4 years ago and set up for a kid. She is gone, but left ipad. How do I reset it to factory default so I can give it to another child? … read more
Cris
Cris
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I lost my cloud id. Its on my ipad. No its new i bought it
i lost my cloud id JA: What kind of computer do you have? Customer: its on my ipad JA: Have you installed any updates recently? Customer: no its new i bought it today JA: Anything else you want the Co… read more
Michelle
Michelle
Manager operations,
My iPad doesn't recognize my passcode, Just started, None
My iPad doesn't recognize my passcode JA: How long has this been going on? Customer: Just started JA: What troubleshooting have you tried? Customer: None just trying fingerprint and passcode JA: The M… read more
Mail icon missing. JA: Sometimes things that you think will
The icon was there yesterday and today it is gone. … read more
Computer Technican,
In my iPad Kindle reader I am able to highlight the text in
In my iPad Kindle reader I am able to highlight the text in some books but not in others. That only started happening to me recently. Is that a setting or some new update to the iPad Kindle software?… read more
Support Technician,
i was downloading Microsoft excel which was just released to I-pad, and my iPad 3 is froze
i was downloading Microsoft excel which was just released to I-pad, and my iPad 3 is frozen with black screen and white logo. i tried following your directions, but not working… read more
Support Specialist,
Our IPAD will not turn-on. We have checked the charging system
Our IPAD will not turn-on. We have checked the charging system and it is not that. Any suggestions?… read more
TechFortunate
TechFortunate
Technology Support Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
I tried to send an email to a lot of recipients and got an
I tried to send an email to a lot of recipients and got an error back. Trouble is, I can't see the bottom of the error message to try to resolve it. It is below my screen shot and I cannot get it to b… read more
Senior Engineer,
In the e-mail to line, no list of addresses when one or letters
In the e-mail to line, no list of addresses when one or letters is typed in. I cleaned the Safari cache. Same problem using Chrome for iPad. iPad e-mail works fine after loading address book with AOL … read more
Support Specialist,
I have tried to look at my email using a friends iPad when
I have tried to look at my email using a friends iPad when I am away from home. I can get into www.sky.com and then sign in to my account and see my bill etc but when I click on email I just get a bla… read more
AAS Information Technology
When typing on my ipad, often a letter shows up between words
When typing on my ipad, often a letter shows up between words that was not entered. Then , I have to go back and take it out....time-consuming and frustrating. Might appear likebthisvorbthat???? Any c… read more
Support Specialist,
Staff at Beaverton SD are unable to create forms in Word (2004,
Staff at Beaverton SD are unable to create forms in Word (2004, 2008 or 2011) that force the user to do a SAVE AS. We are no longer prompted to SAVE AS, the forms just save with the data in them.… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
I downloaded Skype. Put in my username (new to Skype), put
I downloaded Skype. Put in my username (new to Skype), put in my personal code and was told, for the first time, my email address was not listed (how could it be when I hadn't registered?) , and then … read more
Matt S
Matt S
Dip. Network Engineering, TAFE SA