OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

I have an ipod nano. it plays each song twice and the volume

I have an ipod nano. it plays each song twice and the volume only stays at an audible level for about twenty seconds at a time and i have to maunally turn it up to finish the song. what's up with that? very frustrating! THANKS!

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Are you available?

Customer:

yes.

OSXpert :

great...

OSXpert :

have you tried restoring your iPod?

Customer:

no, havent done that. how do i do that?

OSXpert :

okay, go ahead and plug the iPod into your computer. Then open iTunes

Customer:

done!

OSXpert :

good deal, next, click your iPod in the pane on the left-hand side of iTunes. After clicking it, a button that says restore should appear on the right side

OSXpert :

click this button and allow iTunes to restore your iPod

Customer:

it says it will erase everything. scary words for the non techie! will it just reload if i sync it after doing this?

OSXpert :

yes, you can re-sync it (assuming all of your music and such is on the computer that you're currently using)

Customer:

ok. will do then.

OSXpert :

good deal, let me know when you get that done -- I want to make sure you get all the information you need

Customer:

it is restoring now. i will test it after it finishes and let you know. do you think i just changed a setting inadvertantly?

OSXpert :

hard to say, I haven't heard of any settings that would cause that behavior though

Customer:

whatever it was, your suggestion worked! thanks!

Customer:

how do i authorize the payment to you for your help?

OSXpert :

excellent :)

OSXpert :

If you're happy with the information I have given you, you can click Accept to authorize payment. If not, we can continue troubleshooting

Customer:

thanks! have a great evening!