Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I lost my safari address bar on my macbook pro how do I get

Customer Question
I lost my safari address...
I lost my safari address bar on my macbook pro how do I get it back please?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
8/9/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Mac Tech, Apple Specialist replied 6 years ago
Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist

Rick :

Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer. Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Rick :

Are you in Safari now?

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

yes

Rick :

Click on View and select "Customize Toolbar" please.

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

ok

Rick :

Locate Toolbar, hover the pointer over it and then click on drag to it to the toolbar.

Rick :

Excuse me Address Bar

Rick :

Locate Address Bar, hover the pointer over it and then click on drag to it to the toolbar.

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

first of all, it says to drag those various items, as desired, into the tool bar - but the address bar is not one of them

Rick :

Do you see the default set?

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

also, click and drag doesn't work. I have had Macs since 1984 or 1985 so I am fairly familiar with them...all I have at the top of the page is a dark space - about 1 inch sorry - what is the default set? where?

Rick :

What version OS X are you running?

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

10.6.8

Rick :

What items do you see in Customize?

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

oh, i do see a choice that says drag the default set to the toolbar...however i can't tell what it means....and nothing responds on it - click and drag just doesn't work...or i am missing some major step...certainly a possibility.

Rick :

Have you run Repair File Permissions?

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

above are "back/forward" etc no i havent' run that where is that?

Rick :

Applications>Utilities

Rick :

Disk Utility

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

ok i"ll try that. anything else I should know or do I just do that? sorry! I feel so lame.

Rick :

Try that. Then go back and see if you can drag the address bar or default set into the toolbar.

JACUSTOMER-mn6cx4e3- :

ok thanks very much!

Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
unfortunately none of the suggestions has worked. I will go to a genius bar tomorrow. drat! but thanks!

Right click on the Toolbar and uncheck "Hide Toolbar"

If that does not work-
Try trashing your Safari's preferences once and restart Safari.
User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.Safari.plist
Mac Tech
Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist