Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

mask

Customer Question

I am trying to create a mask in Photoshop CS5 MAC and the background doesn't drop out when I import it into Indesign

I've been waiting awhile. How much longer will it be?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You have to save the mask as a path and then make a clipping path did you do that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. I used the refine edge tool and it automatically creates the mask I thought.
I also signed up for the one month trial yesterday. do I still need to pay for today?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If you are happy with my answer you Accept I don‘t know anything about your account. No that by itself will not do it if you delete the masked out area and just leave the blank Alpha channel then save as PSD it will drop out in InDesign.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Any luck?