Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do you remove Living Play from a Mac

Customer Question

How do you remove Living Play from a Mac?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. It is a website that popped up and seemed to self-install or installed because I clicked on it somewhere that installed it.

LivingPlay™ - Fresh FREE Games. Free Online Games and Premium Games.
www.livingplay.com/ - CachedLivingPlay - Free online games, flash games, online games, free games to play, download games, free flash games and much more.
Play Now - Puzzle - Download - Jewel Quest
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Go to Applications / Toolbars do you see it listed there?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Also look in Applications for Living Play app.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Living Play app is not in Applications. I don't have Toolbars under Applications. I am using Lion - just downloaded the other day.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OK I don‘t see any Mac version of this so not sure, let’s check go to System Preferences / Accounts select your account go to Login Items do you see anything called Living play if so remove it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
System Preferences in Finder? I don't see Accounts. Preferences in Safari? Don't see Accounts there either. I am very frustrated. Are you looking at the Lion OS?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Yes I have Lion go to the Apple Logo to System Preferences it has not changed in Lion???.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I see System Preferences but no Accounts. Took a screen shot but can't seem to insert it here.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Sorry it is called Users and Groups in Lion.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, got there but Living PLay is not there. Just iTunes Helper. I did delete the Uninstall exes that were for Windows. But nothing was uninstalled that I know of and I can't find Living PLay anywhere.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Where are you seeing it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I see ITunes Helper in Login Items.

Nothing else.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
No I meant where are you seeing these pop ups? Can you take a screenshot?

To take a sceen shot hold down Shift and Command (⌘) and then hit the number 3, you will hear a click and the picture will be in Pictures or Desktop folder.

Or to take a selective sceen shot hold down Shift and Command (⌘) and the number 4, you will see a little crosshair drag it over the area you want to take a picture of and let go, and the picture will be in Pictures or Desktop folder. Let me know when sent.

Go here with any web browser and sign in. Click on upload and choose your file? Let me know when completed.

http://momandpop.ws:8000

username: justanswer
password: macmedic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Mike - did you get my screenshot? I sent the bottom because it shows all the Remove, Deactivate, Contact Us stuff - all useless.

I wonder if it ever actually installed.

I did send them an email via their Contact Us. It finally went - after getting repeated server error messages early this morning before I contacted you. I have not heard from them.

I am scared this is malware or a phishing thing.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
That is just a webpage just close it, do you mean it keeps popping up? Quit Safari ad start it again?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The original thing that caused all this was a popup that did not have a close button or X.

It did keep opening. Even after I rebooted. Something also seemed to change my settings- ex View Toolbar, even though I didn't change it.

I guess I just need to wait and see.

Thanks anyway! I appreciate your help. I guess I will wait to see if they write back. I don't trust them at all.