Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

I made a copy of my outlook for mac 11 file then reinstalled

Customer Question

I made a copy of my outlook for mac 11 file then reinstalled office now i have to restore the data set which is a 5 g file in office 2011 identities copy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 6 years ago.

Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. Can you please tell me more about your problem? From what I understand, you created a backup Outlook file using the File -> Export feature, and are now trying to import?

JACUSTOMER-k447tufw- :

Ben I did not export i did the control hold down copy thing in the in the microsoft user data file. the copy is just sitting there.

JACUSTOMER-k447tufw- :

Ben i have not been able to sync my files with my i phone the turn on sync feature was not working, a week ago it was all working fine, then I lost my complete outlook data file, i had en expert visit and he thought it was the hard drive on this mac book but we ran tests with apple care and it was ok so I imported my .pst file again loosing 1 month of data. it all worked evcept for the sync function. that is why I did the stupid thing of re-installing office.

JACUSTOMER-k447tufw- :

going to bed now sorry I missed you internet only average.

Techie_Ben :

Can you tell me how long the export has been going for?

JACUSTOMER-k447tufw- :

I did not export the file.

Techie_Ben :

The only method I know of to import Outlook data is through exporting the file through File -> Export. I will opt out for another expert to assist. Thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thankyou I look forward to the help from the expert.