Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

how do I delete facebook messages from my ipad2 Delete them

how do I delete facebook...
how do I delete facebook messages from my ipad2? Delete them on my laptop but they still appear on the ipad
7/30/2011
Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Are you talking about messages you post on your wall? Or private messages you receive/send to other users? Please click "Reply to your expert" to let me know. Thank you

John C.
I mean the private messages - I delete them on the lap or pc but they still appear on the ipad and there does not seem to be a way to delete them
did not have this problem till the other day when the messaging changed to the new system - had the old messaging till a few days ago
Ok, please remove Facebook from the iPad, then go again to the AppStore and download it.

It should work fine then.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
i will need to have you tell me where and how to remove facebook - this is new for me so i am unfamiliar with it - thank you
OK, no problem at all. Just touch and hold the facebook icon until you see all the icons "shake", then touch the X symbol on the upper left corner of the facebook icon and tap "Delete". Then press the main button of your iPad (the one on the bottom) to stop the icons shaking.

Thank you

John Cappucci
did not work - some messages are gone but some still remain when i push the message icon on the main screen - i removed fb and reinstalled it twice
That's weird. If you click the message icon on facebook from the computer, do you see the messages there?
no
they are missing also when I go to the desktop site but when I first log in and hit the message inbox icon on the left there are old messages that have been deleted and when I hit edit on that screen and view messages they are not there either but just on that main sign in screen which is where I particularly dont want them
OK, on the iPad, when you see the list of messages, slide your finger from left to right on the message you want to remove, then the "delete" button will show up. Tap the delete button.

Thank you

John Cappucci
nope - the entire box moves - this is ipad2 if that helps

that works on the next screen but not on the main inbox that you get immediately when signing in - sliding does nothing there - there is an edit box at the top that will take you to the desktop screen but the messages are not there any more but still on that main box that po[ps up when you hit the inbox icon

OK, I will check with my iPad 2, please give me 5 minutes. I apologize for the long delay.
OK, are you using the Facebook application (made for the iPhone) on your iPad 2? or are you using Facebook from Safari going to www.facebook.com ?

Thank you

John C.
I am using Mypad + purchased from the app store

Loytr Inc

OK, I downloaded it, please give me 2 minutes
sorry this is taking so long - i deleted it again and can use the safari but I liked that app - messages are all gone just like the desktop version so if its not possible to do i will just use that and skip the ipad+app
Please follow the steps below:

1- Open MyPad+

2- Tap Messages on the left

3- Tap EDIT on the upper left section of the messages

4- Tap "Messages" on the center top

5- Tap the message you want to delete

6- Tap "Choose an action" and select "Delete"

7- Then tap "Apply"

8- Then tap the messages icon on the left (from MyPad+)

9- Wait 2 seconds and the message will dissapear. Also you can touch Friends, then touch Messages again to refresh it.

10- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

11- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
that's what ive been trying to tell you- I click the edit button at the top but the messages that are in the first main box are not there to be able to delete but they show up on the first screen
a lot of them
Well this is weird. I have just tried from my Ipad 2 with MyPad+ and my messages and it worked. Please give me 5 more minutes.
this all started when my messaging on FB changed from the old system to the new a few days ago
Yes, but here works perfectly. I think I am getting out of ideas :-(
deleted the app again - I will leave it off the ipad for awhile and try again in a few days . I liked that app but can just use the safari version which works fine . Do you have any suggestions as to shutting the ipad down completely and reinstalling maybe? I will accept the answer since it took so long for you to try to figure this out tho - any suggestions would be appreciated tho
if I click accept now will I still be able to communicate with you in case you have any other suggestions?
Yes, thank you!. You will only need to come back to this question and click "Reply to your expert" and continue troubleshooting for free, even if you have clicked Accept. Thank you very much!
ok thank you and if you have any other suggestions please let me know - or do you know of any other apps to use besides that one?
Well I am sure Facebook is going to release the iPad version soon. However you can try with "Friendly Plus for Facebook" for 99 cents. That's one of the most popular Facebook app for the ipad. It has 9602 ratings with a balance of 4/5

I will contact you as soon as I get another idea. We can try resetting the iPad but you will lose your wireless network password. Do you know it?
no i dont think so - i will just use what I have and maybe after a little bit of time they will disappear - tell me when I delete the app and reinstall am I paying each time do you know ?
OK. When you download an APP and then reinstall it, you do NOT pay anything, don't worry about it. Thank you

John C.