Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

dont understand how to make a spreadsheet

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
7/14/2011
Mac Support Specialist: John D, BS Degree in Engineering replied 6 years ago
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering

I will try to help you with this. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your system (it is part of Microsoft Office). If so which version?

Im not sure I just click on an icon with numbers

Ok here is how we can find out.

Please click on the link below, then save the file to your desktop. Once saved, go to your desktop and double click on the file to open it

http://wikisend.com/download/949004/sample%20spreadsheet.xls

Let me know what happens and we'll take it from there

John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
I got a spreadsheet ,but how do i look at it and get your answers at the same time ?

Were you able to open the spreadsheet and see the small data table inside?

If so what does it say in the title bar at the very top of the spreadsheet window?

safari file edit view history bookmarks windows help

No that is your browser not the Excel application. Please close all windows and files (including Safari browser) so that you have nothing in view except your desktop. Look on the desktop for the file that I sent you and open it. Check what it says in the title bar at the top, then open your browser and come back here and tell we what it says in that title bar

When you open the file that I sent you, a spreadsheet should come up as shown in the screenshot below.

The title bar on top, contains the name of the application (i.e. Microsoft Excel), and the name of the file (i.e. sample spreadsheet.xls)

that is not what I get on my page ,there is no Microsoft execel,dont know if that bar is hidden or what??

Can you send me a screenshot of the page so I can see what you are seeing

how do I do that ??

Ok when you have that page on the screen press
Command-Shift-3

and save it as a file on the desktop

Then go to the wikisend.com site that I gave you and upload that image file there, and send me the File ID that you get

John D
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering