Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Entourage is not sending, but it is receiving OK. Error message

Customer Question
-3259. I have recently connected...
Entourage is not sending, but it is receiving OK. Error message -3259. I have recently connected temporarily to a new Internet provider.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
7/10/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 years ago
Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi and thanks for using Just Answer.com a paid global support site.

Could you please tell me what version of Entourage you are currently using on your mac?

Omer Mushahwar :

Also can you tell me what type of email you are accressing with entourage? IE Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Mac Mail....

Customer:

Version 12.0.0 (071130). Connecting to sympatico (Bell Canada). Everything is being received but nothing can be sent.

Omer Mushahwar :

Usually when you get 3259 it means the SMTP or sending email settings inside entourage need to be reset so it sends it out the appropriate way

Omer Mushahwar :

what does your email address end in ie gmail.com

Omer Mushahwar :

Please type in just wants after the @ as Just Answers website blocks full email addresses from being shown

Customer:

sympatico.ca

Omer Mushahwar :

ok so you are going to want to go into entourage and make sure your settings are similar to this if you have port 25 or 587 and everything else matches try swapping it to the other port number

SMTP Server: smtphm.sympatico.ca
Port: 25 (or 587 if port 25 does not work
Authentication: Yes

User name: Email address (e.g: [email protected] or [email protected]) and password (e.g.: a123456z)
TLS/SSL Required: Yes (select TLS if available, if not, select SSL)

Customer:

Not working - changes I make don't save and e-mail still not sending.

Customer:

Can you tell me specifically what to do when I am in the "send" settings - it looks like you describe.

Customer:

There is no other port number - do I just type it in?

Customer:

It is working - I just typed in 587. Thanks so much! This is a great service.

Customer:

Would like to accept now if you can do whatever you have to do at your end - not letting me click accept right now. Thanks! Great work.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi sorry for that you should be able to now

Omer Mushahwar :

Thank for using Just Answer.com

If you have the time please leave me some feedback

Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar