Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I was playing around with iphoto, and I accidentally

Customer Question
"replaced" the iphoto library with...
I was playing around with iphoto, and I accidentally "replaced" the iphoto library with a new iphoto library (I'm not sure when/how we ended up with 2 separate libraries). In in event, after saying "yes" to replace the iphoto library, my other photos/library have vanished. Do you know how to get it back!! Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
7/8/2011
Mac Support Specialist: iteachmac, The Duke! replied 6 years ago
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
iteachmac : Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.
iteachmac : Hi , do you have two iphoto library's ?
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Hi, I would like to try to help with the issue .
To switch an iPhoto library , hold CMD key or Apple while launching iPhoto, A pop up box opens , Select the other library from the file requester . Libraries are normally found in : Macintosh HD / Users / Youruser / Pictures / iPhoto Library .
You can work with more than one iPhoto library in this way .
If you cant find the iphoto library in the default location , please make sure you copy or move it from your stored location or backup to a location you want or to the default location in the finder firstly .
The iphoto library is one single file that contains all the photos inside , so you should be looking for a single file normally named " iPhoto Library " .
Do you have iPhoto backup disks or a time machine backup , or have the iPhoto library stored on an external HD ?
Please let me know how you get on , I will give extra help if you have problems .
Extra :
Merge Your iphoto libraries if you use more than one and more :
Merge multiple libraries together into one with :-
iPhoto Library Manager
http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/
This will help make it more easy if using more than one library or to manage libraries with the above tool , but firstly locate your iphoto lib/s in the Finder as outlined above , move the iphoto lib/s to your User / Pictures folder for good organization if not already stored there.
Thanks.
Hello. Thank you for your reply although it not resolve my problem. When I did CMD iphoto library, my current library came up. I am not sure why we had the second library in the first place, however it had alot of very special photos on which have now disappeared!! I'm sorry I accidentally pressed the accept answer button before, I thought I was just "reading" your answer not accepting that the issue was resolved. Please reply
Hi ,
Do you have more than one library there? Or else where on a backup etc ?
Please give as much info as possible .
Thanks .
iteachmac
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!