Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Help, I cannot get my iphone turned on after downloading I…

Customer Question
Help, I cannot get my...
Help, I cannot get my iphone turned on after downloading Itunes
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

We can Force-Reboot your iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPhone will automatically restarts and return to normal. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button untill it restart itself.
graphic
Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,

still says I have no service

Take out the sim and its tray, then clean both and put them back. Let me know if that didn't worked...

this is a new phone, i just got it today

Take out the sim and put it back. Then sync with iTunes again. Let me know how it goes..
do you have an answer to why I cannot get my phone online today
The phone service should be activated when you plug it into iTunes. Does your Phone shows its waiting for activation ?

the verizon store said to take it home and download itunes and follow instructions and I did but it is not activated as I can tell

Thats strange. Doesn't iTunes showed any Activation progress ?
no i haven't received anything as of yet, how long does it take
Maximum of 10 minutes.Connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes. Does iTunes recognize it ?
Try this too, In your iPhone goto Phone and dial *228 and hit call/send and then choose option 1 which should activate your iPhone. Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after it worked.
I TOOK IT BACK TO THE PHONE STORE, IT IS IN SERVICE NOW THANKS
Great !Glad you got it sorted out !

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician