Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

My Iphone will no longer sync with my outlook calender.What

My Iphone will no longer sync with my outlook calender.What do i do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 6 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

I need a bit more info from you.

Was the sync working fine before? Which computer do you use - windows xp/vista/7 or a mac? Have you recently updated itunes?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I use windows Xp.I recently loaded all my ITunes onto I Phone.It then quit syncing my calender.
Thank you for the info.

May be the settings have gone wrong. Let's connect the phone to the computer and open itunes. To the left side of the itunes, your iphone name will be listed below "devices". Click on the phone name. Now to the middle of the screen, you will find a number of tabs such as summary, info, apps, music etc. Click on the info tab.

select the option "sync calendars with" and select outlook in the drop down box. Select the option you prefer - whether as to sync all or selected calendars and then click on apply. If the sync calendar option is already selected, uncheck it and click apply. Then select it again and apply.

let me know whether this works

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Screen says "No supported calender applications can be found" It will not alloy anything to be typed in.
Were you using the phone with a different computer before?
What version of outlook are you using? outlook 97/2002/2003/2007 etc?

What version of itunes you use? to find the version of itunes - open itunes. Click on Help menu at the top. Help > About itunes. This will give you the version of itunes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Itunes 10
I found these information from the apple discussion boards

Open itunes. Goto the "Tools" menu and select "Trust Center"

Select "Add-Ins"

And see if under the "Disabled Items" list there is an Item "Outlook iTunes Sync Addin"

If it's there, that's your problem. Go to the bottom of that box and there is a drop down next to Manage and the default is "COM Add-ins" click that and select "Disabled Items".

A box will pop up with the Outlook Sync in it. Click that one and then click "Enable" then "Ok" Then "Ok" again to close the main Trust Center and then close Outlook and wait a few seconds (like 5) then Open Outlook back up and try your sync.

This doc might also help.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1692
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where is the "tools menu"?
which version of outlook do you have? outlook 2003/2007/2010?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2010
in 2010 outlook, you don't have the tools menu. In your outlook, click on File menu, then on "options", then click on "add-ins" to the leftmost column.

And see if under the "Disabled Items" list there is an Item "Outlook iTunes Sync Addin".

Let me know if you have "itunes sync addin" in the "disabled items" list
it might also be called "itunes outlook addin" and in some computers "disabled items" may also be listed as "disabled outlook/application addins"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's under "inactive application add-ins".
Ok.

let's reset the sync history. Open itunes. Connect the iphone. From the "Edit" menu, choose "Preferences". Click the "devices" tab. Then click on "reset sync history" button. Now try to sync the calendars.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No change.
:(

Since this issue happened after you loaded all itunes info to the phone, we can also try an uninstall and reinstall of itunes. Let's go to the control panel and uninstall itunes, quicktime, apple software update, apple mobile device support, apple application support and bonjour. Then restart the computer and install itunes from www.apple.com/itunes/download
did that help?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reinstall did not work.Is iphone defective?
The chances for the phone being defective is less. But let's try a restore of the phone to factory settings.

Connect the phone and open itunes. To the left side of the itunes, click on the iphone name listed below "devices". Now, to the middle of the screen, under "summary" tab, you will have the restore button.

Restore the iphone and finally select the option "restore from backup"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no improvement
Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, I have run out of solutions here. You can also try a restore of the phone and finally setting it up as a new phone. But that will delete all the contents in the phone including contacts, calendars etc. Meanwhile I will also opt out so that other experts will be able to work with you to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your patience..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I need a new phone?
sorry to see that no one else has responded to your question.

I cannot say that the phone should be replaced/repaired since the issue is just with the calendar syncing. If you have an apple store nearby, you can take it over there and they can diagnose the iphone.