Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How can I get good software free to upload JVC Everio GZ-MG130U

Customer Question
for IMac I-Movie program?...
How can I get good software free to upload JVC Everio GZ-MG130U for IMac I-Movie program?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
6/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 6 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
What version of iMovie?
How do I find it?
Open iMovie and go to iMovie / About iMovie
1, Record your video as normal. Plug the camera into the AC adaptor, and the USB plug. Connect this to your Mac.
2. A new drive will appear. Open it. Copy the contents of the SD_Video folder onto your mac.
3. Delete anything that isn’t a .mod file as these are irrelevant.
4. Rename all the .mod to .mpeg and change the extension when prompted.
5. Download ffMpegX and the necessary binaries
6. Open up ffMpegX and open the first .mpeg file. Convert this to a .MOV, .DV, .AVi file or whatever format you need. Final Cut is best with DV (although uses a lot of bytes).
7. Repeat as necessary for all your .MPEG files.

Thats it! You can now import into iMovie (which will in turn convert into .dv files which means you can then trash the .mpeg and .mov files) and do as you wish. This is also true for importing into Final Cut Pro/Express, or pretty much any other editing program.
Mike, Mac Medic