Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I live in Fleming Island, FL and I own a MACBOOK. Bought 1st

Customer Question
I live in Fleming Island...
I live in Fleming Island, FL and I own a MACBOOK. Bought 1st gen IPAD for myself for Christmas, gave MAC to son living in Indianapolis, IN. Worst mistake I've made in a while. Adding to my [:-{ I also bought a new Verizon Droide phone and the tech at store added my MAC Mail to my phone along with GMail. MAC Mail quite working almost right a way on the phone and now the mail on the IPAD is locked up too.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
6/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Are you getting any error when you try to send from your Mac Mail account ? By Mac Mail, Did you mean Mobile Me account ?

Yes. something about the outbound mail STMP (?) being wrong and that my password XXXXX incorrect but it never asked for a password XXXXX do I remember putting it in. Wasn't prompted. On the IPAD I was able to get mail from three accts. MAC, GMAIL & YAHOO. System would try to send mail and fail. Now it's locked up.

I have a MAC and MobleME acct.

One question. Mobile Me is paid Service from Apple. Did you renewed your Account ?

Goto www.me.com and login with your Mobile Me Username (or Apple ID) and Password. If the Account is expired, you will not be able to send/recieve Mails.

(only click Accept after we solved the problem)

still trying to figure it out. went to www.me.com and finally got my Apple ID and password XXXXX now it's stuck on telling me my phone isn't linked with my IPAD, IPHONE or something else. Who gives a @#$%^^ right now. just want email accounts to work.

Did get an error mesg on phone regarding [email protected]: "CANNOT GET MAIL" Thew username or Password XXXXX [email protected] is incorrect.

Did you checked whether your account is expired or not ? Did you changed/reset the password XXXXX there ?
how do you verify you account status? It let me in asked for Apple ID and password XXXXX I put in and all it does is tell me my IPhone is not linked with my IPAD or computer. I have a Verizon Droide, is that the same as an IPhone? Don't think so.
Your droid phone is different from iPhone. Goto www.me.com from your IPad or computer and login to it. You can see the status of your account in there. Also I'm going to offline, so I will opt out and transfer this question to other experts in here and they will continue to help you.
I have gone to www.me.com and clicked on "Login" and the screen turns blue has mobleme at the top then next line install find my phone; then under Requires paid subscription Set up mail, Contacts, Calendar; etc.

My MAC Mail wasn't working before I signed up/thought I signed up for mobleme.
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 6 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
No it looks like you do not have an account or it expired. You will need to set it up again with a paid account. Let me know after you do that.
So you are saying that I have to have a paid mobleme acct to receive/send mac email? Second question I receive an error message to the effect that my outbound mac mail protocal was wrong. Haven't been able to send mac mail from day one on the IPAD.
Yes a MobileMe account costs money. Of course if you don‘ have one you cannot send from iPad either.
Sorry about going on about it but is this development (mobleme) new? Had one a few years ago come to think of it, had problems with mac email back then too.
I have had it for years and never had a problem. So what now are you getting an account?
Got an email, saw a commercial, don't remember specifics but basically it said I could link all email accts., calendars, contacts using mobleme. So I went to noble me and thought I successfully signed up (don't renmember paying thought) then everything licked up. But I did have a problem with sending mac messages from the start on the IPAD.
There is a 60 day free trial you probablly did that. If it expired of course you cannot send or recieve mail. You have to sign up again and pay fro a year.
Fine I'll try that. If I still have problems I can contact you for additional help on this nickel?
Yes
Wait a minute, I just signed up wit mobleme again in thepast month or so. Shouldn't my mail have been working since then?
It should work did you use the same address, did you pay, you said you did not remember paying?
Mike, Mac Medic
No I'm pretty sure I didn't pay, but like you said, a 60 day FREE trial should {have} been in effect and thus mac and me.com emails should have worked, right?
If it was less than 60 days since then yes, but didn't you already try to sign in to me.com?
Go here to find out if you have an account or not:

http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/
thanks, sorry for taking up so much of your time. My brain is fried right now, will look it up tomorrow. hope to report good news to you then.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Ok, good luck.
Mike, Mac Medic