Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am using my email by connecting my Mac Mail through att.yahoo

Customer Question

I am using my email by connecting my Mac Mail through att.yahoo mail. When I try to send an email it usually takes a several minutes before it sends. The Activity window says connecting to server "smtp.att.yahoo.com". Sometimes is times out and says it cannot connect, try again later.

When I was using cable I never had this problem with my server. I contacted Apple about this. They checked out my system and said my problem is with Yahoo and to contact you.

Can you help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Go here and choose your Mail program when you get the pop up and make sure it is setup correctly:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB407848&cv=811#fbid=DG9rQCnAZ_8
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't get an answer from att on the website you gave. Have not been able to solve my problem.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean did you check the settings in your email program?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't connect with att.com/esupport.... that you gave me. When I first tried it I got a page that asked which mac system I was using, my zip code and phone number. I asked for personal computer help and they sent help for small business and it won't let me go any further. It is not helping me at all.

I believe I will have to contact a certified Mac repairman in my home town.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Is this what you saw? When you pick your email program it gives you the settings???

graphic
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Go here and download I made it into a PDF called

www.att.com-mail settings.pdf

http://momandpop.ws:8000

username: justanswer
password: macmedic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The image you sent at 4:33 pm was the same that I got when I first tried the website you sent. I selected Mac Mail 1.x and also I tried Mac Mail 3.x. I wasn't sure what they wanted. My Mac Mail is version 4.5. When I continued, I got a page that says Small Business Report. It says: We're sorry. The service you selected is not available in your area.
I could go no further.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
The PDF I put up for you to look at is the official setup instructions for Apple Mail yes it is for version 3 but it is generally the same, what don't you understand?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Did you download this file?

www.att.com-mail settings.pdf
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I downloaded the Mac mail instructions but I don't have time to follow them right now. I may not get to try until tomorrow evening. I will get back with you. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I downloaded Mac mail instructions on how to set up Apple Mail 3.x. My Mac is a new iMac that I bought this April. I have the warranty which gives me access to Mac Technical Support. I called them about this and they went through set up with me to make sure it is right. They even connected to my computer with theirs so they could see my screen directly. The set up is correct. They said my problem is with the att.yahoo server and I should get technical help from them.

I have contacted att.net.yahoo and they told me the same as you did. I thank you for your help and I will accept your answer. I don't believe I have a JustAnswer account. I want this to be a one time support session. Do I have to cancel anything to prevent getting any more fees (like $38 per month). I do not want this service any more.

Thanks XXXXX
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I don’t know about your account but I thank you for Accepting.