Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Mike, It is doing it again - the cursor is jumping all over

Mike,

It is doing it again - the cursor is jumping all over the page and can't control it...it worked for a few days but then started again - then was good for a day, now it started again. I also noticed that when I hold my MACbook on my lap it gets very hot - could this be the ned of the battery life and somehow related to the cursor issues?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Sorry what model Mac was that again and are you using a trackpad, wired or wireless mouse?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's a Macbook...OS X 10.6.7 and just the trackpad....it's working again but why would it act up?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Make sure you keep the trackpad clean. What are you settings under Trackpad did you uncheck all those?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I unchecked everything like you advised me the last time...the track pad looks clean....do you have recommendations for a cleaner? ALso, I believe I can find out somewhere - ? - how many charges my battery has left?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air is designed to deliver up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles before it reaches 80 percent of its original capacity. In addition, Adaptive Charging reduces the wear and tear on the battery giving it a lifespan of up to 5 years. Be sure to fully charge your portable when you plug it in for the first time, and then run Software Update to ensure you have the latest software. Apple periodically releases updates that may improve battery performance.

Also look here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1449
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks Mike...I will make sure it is clean...and everyone who is using it is also!