Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

My computer is acting up. I have a Power PC OS 9.2.2 connected

Customer Question

My computer is acting up. I have a Power PC OS 9.2.2 connected to a Brother Laser printer HL2070N When I try to print the W for Word in the top right corner flashes on and off with Br/Printer symbol. A drop down box about background printing comes up. When I click on the flashing W It says that no printer is available. If I turn everything off and start over it will print a project but if I wait a while it will not print again. When it does print I get an extra page after the project prints that says: Filename: Folder: Template: Title: and more. Can you help me with these problems?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
If you have ATM, Adobe type manager, and Suitcase then that is where to start.
Make sure that all software is up to date, the issue is stemming from an extortion conflict associated with something coming online when you use W for Word, probably in fonts or Suitcase.
It took me a while to find this which is why the answer wasn't quick.
9.2.2 is rarely used anymore so research was necessary.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I not connected to the internet with the computer we are having problems with so I cannot download any software. I may have to wait until I can get back to my home in Wyoming where I have some back up disks. Thanks for your efforts.
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
All you need is an ethernet cable, the Mac mostly does the rest.
Keep me posted.