Ed
Ed, Computer Tech
Experience:  Computer repair shop partner
6518536

How to direct my emails from GoDaddy secureserver.net to Google?

Customer Question

I want to direct my mail to Google from email.secureserver.net webmail from GoDaddy.
How to do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ed replied 6 years ago.

d08724 :

Do you ave a GoDaddy account and want to forward email. You still have to keep the GoDaddy account to do this.

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Okay

ed08724 :

Is that a yes

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Yes

ed08724 :

And you want to forward it to a gmail account?

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Yes or create a gmail account for it.

ed08724 :

Log into your GoDaddy account. Use a separate window

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

I am at Go Daddy my account not the email sign in.

ed08724 :

If we create a forwarding account you will not be able to access the email either via web mail or from your mac mail program. You will only be able to access it via the gmail account

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

nurtured-by-nature.com

email.secureserver.net.webmail

ed08724 :

Are you looking to forward all email to all names at that domain or just specific email address.

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

[email protected]

ed08724 :

I can't see emails on here. It gave me [email protected]. Is that a specific address?

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

The above is what I have

ed08724 :

It blocks email address on here. Are you trying to forward 1 email address at your domain or all address's

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

FTP q2GsR6x!

From Nurtured-by-Nature.com all email corespondence

ed08724 :

So email sent to any address at your domain, you want forwarded

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Yes!

ed08724 :

Click My Accounts in left column.

In the center were it says free email account, click the manage link to the right of it.

How many different accounts under address
JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Just this one

ed08724 :

Click forwarding accounts on left

All the way to the right, there should be a yellow/orange add button. Don't click it, just make sure it is there
JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

No orange add button

ed08724 :

Did you click the yellow/orange forwarding button in the left column

ed08724 :

Forwarding plans button

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

The forward icon will forward the specific email in my email account that is there now.

ed08724 :

I think you went too far. You are supposed to be at the page called email control center. On the left, should be folders email plans, forwarding plans, unused plans.

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Yes, I went to my email

ed08724 :

No. Click forwarding plans. Does it say you have forwarding accounts and can add one or what does it say

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

It says I would need to purchase a forwarding account

ed08724 :

Ok. We need to get the free one. Go back to the my account page. Do you see the free email account in the center with a link above for email forwarding plans

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

To apply a free Email credit, click on the "Use Credit" link for the account type you want to activate.

Free Email with domain - Email - Personal (1GB Total/1Box)

That's what it says

ed08724 :

Click that

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Email account manage?

ed08724 :

You want to use the free credit for the email forwarding account.

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Do I click on manage and how do I do that?

ed08724 :

Click manage. Then click unused plans. Then click unused forwarding

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

It succeeded. Now I have to set it up for Nurtured By Nature. Can you help with that?

ed08724 :

Now click the forwarding plan on the left. There should now be an button on the far right that say add to add a forwarding account. Do not click it

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Now I am lost

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

I think I clicked on add a forwarding account because that is what I thought you wanted me to do. Can I undo the mistake?

ed08724 :

After you add the account you want to go back to the email control center where it shows forwarding plans, email plans, unused plans

Cick forwarding plans
JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

I dont know how to find the page you are directing me to. Please be specific.

ed08724 :

I don't know where you are so find the my account lick, click that, then click manage next to your free email

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Free email address for nurtured by nature

Unused Email Plans

Add button is there

ed08724 :

No. Email control center where it shows forwarding plans, email plans, unused plans. Click forwarding plans. It should say used and available.

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

NURTURED-BY-NATURE.COM (rename) Email Forwarding - 100 Pack - Exp: 05/18/20120 Used / 100 AvailableAdd

Is that what you mean?

ed08724 :

Ok now before we add the forwarding account, we have to delete the email account. Click email plans on left, click your account and click the red x on the right to delete it

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Are you sure you want to remove the address [email protected]? Any messages still left on the mail server will be deleted.

ed08724 :

Yes. If there are any emails you should download them in you email program first. Leave the window open though.

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Ok. I deleted it. Now what?

ed08724 :

Ok now click forwarding plans on the left click the add button to the right of that screen.

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

What is my identity at gmail. Do I enter [email protected]?

ed08724 :

Ee cannot see email address on here. They are blocked. Did you get a box that opened and said create forwarding address

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Yes

ed08724 :

Put the first part of your email address in the first box, the NURTURED-BY-NATURE.COM in the second box and your full gmail address in the third box. I see nothing about an identity

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

That will do

ed08724 :

Then click ok. You are done. Send an email to your NURTURED-BY-NATURE.COM email address and then check to make sure it is received in gmail

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Don't I need to set up a gmail identity and password ***** [email protected]

ed08724 :

Don't you already have a gmail email address

JACUSTOMER-ca5hdm5v- :

Not for [email protected] by nature.com. That is what I am asking help for now

ed08724 :

You cannot have a gmail email address with that name. It has to b something at gmail.com