Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How do I sync my Windows Live Mail Contacts with my Ipad

Customer Question
?...
How do I sync my Windows Live Mail Contacts with my Ipad ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 day by:
5/17/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 6 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Did you set it up? Is it working?
The instructions apply to Hot Mail. Is it the same for Windows Live Mail?
Yes
Mike, Mac Medic
I don't know what my Hot Mail pasword is or if I have one.
It is your Windows Live email password. Windows Live is just the new version of Hotmail they are the same.

Mike,

I can't make the set-up work.

I'm using Windows Live Mail. My email provider is register.com and I have a pop 3 set-up.

Don't know if this makes any difference!

If your email provider is register.com then you are not using Windows Live mail. Can you explain?
Register.com email is my internet email and Window 7, Windows Live Mail is my PC email which automatically receives my mail from the register server when I open mail on my PC.
So your email is forwarded from register.com to your Live account? That should not make any difference this should work, not sure why it is not, what is the error or problem?:

How To Get Exchange ActiveSync Working With Hotmail On iPad

To get Exchange ActiveSync working on your iDevice, follow along with the steps below:

1.) On your iDevice, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

2.) Tap on Microsoft Exchange.

3.) Input the following information:

Email: Your Hotmail address ([email protected])
Domain: Leave it blank
Username: Your Hotmail address ([email protected])
Password: Your Hotmail password
Description: Hotmail
Tap on Next. Once the account is verified, a new “Server” field will appear. When it does, input the following:

Server: m.hotmail.com

4.) Now enable push for either Mail, Contacts, or Calendar or all three.

Also note that this method works for @live, @msn, and domains.live.com accounts.

Every time I enter the password I use for Live Mail , it is rejected.

How can I verify my Hot Mail password?

Just sign in using a browser:

http://explore.live.com/
Is my Hot Mail address the same as my Live Mail address?
I don’t think so you are using your live address not hotmail???

Wow!!! It finally worked after I reset my Hotmail password.

Thanks for putting up with me.

No problem good luck.
Mike, Mac Medic