Mac

(My task was to export a new iMovie project created in iMovie…

Customer Question
(My task was to export...
(My task was to export a new iMovie project created in iMovie 11 from my Mac Book Pro to my new iPad 11). It appears I corrupted my iMovie project trying to correct a 'Missing Media notice' when trying to export to iTunes then iPad11. Apple telephone support helped me solve the Missing Media alert but all the moving... Read full answer
(My task was to export a new iMovie project created in iMovie 11 from my Mac Book Pro to my new iPad 11). It appears I corrupted my iMovie project trying to correct a 'Missing Media notice' when trying to export to iTunes then iPad11. Apple telephone support helped me solve the Missing Media alert but all the moving & recreating resulted in my background music being attached to the storyboard project clips ( blue background) (plays OK) and I now I also have music attached to my event Library clips. The video in the Event Library is the same as the scoreboard project with transitions. I can export it to iTunes (it plays there OK) but when I connect my new iPad 11 and open it in iPad Devises/Movies it will not sync to iPad. Checking back video icons I tried to sync, they were grayed out but still checked. Also I can't delete the 'attached' background audio or use the event library since they are no longer separate clips and contain the background music & transitions.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
5/10/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Are you having fun yet?
Before I can answer that I need a little more info.
What version of OS X are you using?
Can you give me some background on what the Apple support had to do, I really don't want to cover the same ground.
You do realize that the iPad cannot use standard format video that iTunes can.
It may only be the format that it is in.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
In iMovie, I have a background track above a screen track.
In iMovie, I have a background track above a green screen track. I'm trying to drag the green screen track on top of the background track, to create a green screened background, but the two tracks are… read more
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
CEO,
I have a yellow warning sign on a project I already Shared
HI, I have a yellow warning sign on a project I already Shared (Theatre). This appeared after I Shared it. Also, the music/soundtrack is now not playing. There is also a red bar/line underneath my sou… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Someone sent me a dvd they made. would like to watch it. when
someone sent me a dvd they made. would like to watch it. when i load it in to my mac it won't open. when i click on it a file comes up with an extension .rcproject. i have iMovie 11… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Stop searching for answers—
How can I tell if my iMovie project is corrupted. Program crashes
How can I tell if my iMovie project is corrupted. Program crashes when I try to export one of my projects. Please tell me this can be fixed so I don't have to begin from scratch… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
Hi all, IMovie is not letting me edit, it will open ok and
Hi all, IMovie is not letting me edit, it will open ok and I can scroll the events, but when I try and run the Project or mouse over the project area the spinning ball apears on the pointer and an err… read more
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack
I am using iMovie to create a slideshow of pictures. When
I am using iMovie to create a slideshow of pictures. When I view the pictures in iPhoto within iMovie, quality looks great. As soon as I drag the picture into the project, the quality degrades. I don'… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hi, Ive created a movie about 35 min duration using iMovie.
Hi, Ive created a movie about 35 min duration using iMovie. All the thumbnails are there with transitions, music and photos. But suddenly it won't play them. As if it has lost the link to the actual f… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
I am making a slide show in imovie and I want to rearrange
I am making a slide show in imovie and I want to rearrange the sections. The sections are all ready timed out so I want to pick up a section, complete with music and move it to another place. It has t… read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
Electrician / Programmer / Sound design,
Hi, My imovie suddenly quite and when I opened it back up,
Hi, My imovie suddenly quite and when I opened it back up, all of my edits (from 7 hours of working) were no longer there. All that was left were my original clips. Any way to retrieve all of my work?… read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
I imported an iMovie project from another MAC. I am in editing
I imported an iMovie project from another MAC. I am in editing mode and cannot get the audio to play even though I have the media, audio is turned on, etc.… read more
Mac Genius,
I have 11 different projects in imovie that I want to merge
I have 11 different projects in imovie that I want to merge into one event. How can I do this?… read more
Mac Genius,
My iMovie 09 does not allow me to go and work in the project
My iMovie 09' does not allow me to go and work in the project area. The project does exist it will play the preview, but I cannot add music, titles, transitions, etc. If I try to go to the Project Lib… read more
Mac Genius,
Stop searching for answers—
New to iMovie (08). I can import pictures to a new project
New to iMovie (08). I can import pictures to a "new project" and I can make a new "event" with video but how do I merge these? Ie, I would like a project that plays a video clip, then some pictures, v… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
everything was working fine then I had problems with applying
everything was working fine then I had problems with applying music to my project and now on the existing and new projects the clips work well in events but when i bring them up to build the project a… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
I want a movie of stills with cuts to a fast rock beat. Its
I want a movie of stills with cuts to a fast rock beat. It's 15 minutes long. I get it set and it plays ok, can't do every fast cut, but ok. But when I come back to it, the beats and picutres are all … read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
i have 250 photos that i want to merge with 4 songs, but if
i have 250 photos that i want to merge with 4 songs, but if your slideshow exceeds 99 photos it skips the music and throws it all off - how could i get a dvd of the 4 'chapters' of c.80 photos per son… read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
I created a project in imovie on my MacBook computer and shared
I created a project in imovie on my MacBook computer and "shared" it with my media browser. Now I can't find the original editing window with that project in it. The editing was not finished and I'd l… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
i have an imac using imovie 08 . i have built a school presentation
i have an imac using imovie 08 . i have built a school presentation with my daughter. it includes three media types: photos (jpeg) video clip (from video camera), and voice over (from an external mic)… read more
Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac
Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac
Owner,