Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am not able to connect to the Apple store via itunes anymore.

Customer Question
The connection gets times out. It...
I am not able to connect to the Apple store via itunes anymore. The connection gets times out.
It started happening when I clicked on the remember password XXXXX for my network password.
Help please
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 day by:
5/3/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is Brandon and I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

What operating system are you running on your computer?

JACUSTOMER-8jpldc3n- :

Windows 2003, I think

BeBoo :

Do you have trouble accessing any other websites or anything else?

BeBoo :

Also, do you have any anti-virus software installed (such as Norton, AVG, Avast, etc)?

JACUSTOMER-8jpldc3n- :

I dont have any other trouble accessing websites. I have McAfee installed (this is a company laptop). I am just not able to get onto the iTunes store whilst in iTunes. I get times out. I checked the firewall and it allows iTunes. Two of the IT guys in our company have not been able to rectify this problem.

BeBoo :

Sorry for the delay in my response.

BeBoo :

Do you have any problems loading this page? http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/storeFront

BeBoo :

It should come up to a page that says Loading and then should request/open iTunes

JACUSTOMER-8jpldc3n- :

I had no problems loading the page. It automatically opened my iTunes and then proceded to tr and connect to the iTunes store. From then on the usual happened with the following error coming up:

JACUSTOMER-8jpldc3n- :

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection was ternimated unexpectedly. Make sure your network connection is active and try again". As i have said, this message started to happen when i clicked on 'remember me' when I was asked for my network password when accessing the iTunes store.

BeBoo :

In iTunes, can you please go to the Help menu and choose Run Diagnostics? Follow though the steps and let me know what the outcome is.

JACUSTOMER-8jpldc3n- :

Secure link to iTunes store failed

JACUSTOMER-8jpldc3n- :

Connection attempt to Apple website was unsuccessful.

The network connection timed out.

Basic connection to the store failed.

The network connection timed out.

Last successful store access was 2011-01-19 13:42:48

Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist