Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

hello, my name is lukka. I am wondering how I can import

hello, my name is lukka. I am...
hello,
my name is lukka.

I am wondering how I can import a font I downloaded to Word on my ibook?
5/1/2011
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean
the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.6.6 or Mac OS X 10.5.8, etc" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• What version of Microsoft Office for Mac are you using with Word? (i.e. 2004, 2008 or 2011)

• What specific font are you seeking to download and import into Microsoft Office for Mac Word?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

I will be looking forward to your reply.

Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
hi Terry,

it's mac os x 10.6.7
word 2008 for mac - version 12.0.0 (071130)
and the font is called PayzantPen
Thanks for your reply Lukka,

To install your PayzantPen font, here is what you need:
If you don't already have the font, here is a free downloads page
for it:
Download PayzantPen Font

Once you have downloaded the PayzantPen font then you want to double click the .zip file in order to open it.
• You will see inside the folder, a .txt information document and the PayzantPen font.

Now open a new Finder window and click open your Applications folder.
• Locate the Font Book application

graphic
When you open Font Book, you will see this screen

graphic

Now click on the Gear icon in the upper left corner of the window
and select Add Font

graphic

This will open a small Finder window.
All you need to do now is locate the PayzantPen font in the unzipped folder
and click the .ttf file and click the Open button.

graphic

graphic

• You should now see the PayzantPen font now appearing in the Font book

graphic

Now drag the PayzantPen in the Font book to Windows Office Compatible, located at the bottom of your Font Collection Window.
It may not set in that collection right away, but once you drag and drop it into the collection, close the Font Book.

Now on your desktop, go to Macintosh HD and open it
• Locate and open Library folder
• Locate Fonts folder and open it
• Now drag and drop your PayzantPen font into that folder.

• Once you perform this action, close out of the Font folder

• Now open your Word application
• From the Word menu bar, select Format >Font
• Scroll down alphbetically and you should see the PayzantPen font

graphic

You can click the Ok button to select that font and now you should be able to type in PayzantPen font:

graphic

Now Zukka you can use your new font.

Let me know if this helps.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.

If you have not achieved the desired resolution with this answer for any reason, please update me as necessary, with details of what you experienced.

This will allow me to continue working to resolve this technical issue for you.

I will be watching for your next reply.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Terry

thank you Terry.
this took a bit longer than I expected but I´m sure it wil work now, thank you ..but i have to go and put my son to bed and all that. can I try this in the morning? and accept after that? I really have to go now..?

all my best,
Lukka
Sorry for the length of time, but that is what it takes to answer a question such as yours.
It is not often a request is made to add a font to a Microsoft Office for Mac application and honestly there is no simplier way.

As a result, I would rather take care and time for you, than to just shooting out answers for you, especially when it comes to fonts as they are not always easy to work with in Mac OS X.

So please, take your time, as there is no rush. I personally prefer customers I assist, to answer only after they have received a good answer that resolves their issue from me.

Thanks for the follow up and please update me, if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

-Terry
Thank you Terry,
It was not meant in a bad way, not at all! I just didn't realise how complex this task was!
thank you again so so much, i really appreciate :D
And I will get back to you tomorrow.

All my best regards,
Lukka
Hi Lukka,

Not taken that way at all. I was merely allowing you to understand, the time it takes (sometimes) for not-so-common (but valid) questions such as the one you provided in your inquiry with us.

This does not single you out, as you are a valued customer with JustAnswer.com, just as all of our customers are, but more or less, just to give you some insight for present and future tense, to understand when seeking answers from your Mac Experts here, that some answers will be quick, but others will take some time.

As long as you know we are working to provide the best possible answer for you, and that it can take some time to provide such answers; then you now understand my previous reply was intended, only to briefly educate as to why my response was not as fast as you may have expected.

As this is your first time, I felt compelled to share that with you.

But definitely nothing you stated was in the least bit offensive. You are fine and this is business, your business and we would like to deliver for you.

I just hope the process I did set up for you, proves to be the icing on the cake for getting that PayzantPen font properly installed and usable in your MS Office for Mac 2008- Word application.

Have a good evening and thanks for allowing me to assist you with your question.

Kindest Regards,

-Terry
MacTechTrainer
To Terry

Hello again Terry,

Thank you so much, this works perfectly!
You saved my project :D

A+ for all!

All my best,
Lukka
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer