Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hi , I cannot launch iphoto . It says the application iphoto

Customer Question

Hi , I cannot launch iphoto . It says the application iphoto cannot be launched 10828. Can you help me ?/ tx h2
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

We can try to rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not..

Rebuild iPhoto Library
  1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
  2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
  3. Open iPhoto.
  4. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
  5. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes
  6. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.

If that didn't worked then rebuild your iPhoto Library with this application, iPhoto Library Manager (just try the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Please follow the instructions in here to rebuild your iPhoto Library with iPhoto Library Manager : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/Help/rebuilding%20a%20corrupted%20iphoto%20library.html

Let me know if that didn't worked..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi , I was unsuccessful . I downloaded the photo manager and tried to reconfiguer libry . A message comes up that says the following :NSCFdictionarysetobject:for key attemptto insert nil value.(key:NSTaskexecutable path ). tx h2
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
What is the exact message you are getting when you open iphoto ? What version of iPhoto are you using ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I try to open Iphoto it says . The application iphoto cannot be launched . -10828.
I have the iphoto version that came with my Mac which i bought lats year . tx h2
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Do you remember the version number ? Is it iPhoto 08 or 09 or 11 ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Ashik,
Sorry I dont remember it is definetly not 11 that I know ... tx h2
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Then it should be iPhoto 09. Trash your iPhoto 09 from Applications folder and also from dock. Then download and use this version of iPhoto : http://www.mediafire.com/?rduzqg0jvjm2s10

Let me know if that didn't worked...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi ashik ,
I downloaded from media fire and iphoto 2 is in the aps when I go to open i photo 2 it says i have downloaded photos that require a newer version of iphoto please quit and downlaod a newer version ? How do I do that ?? tx h2
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Rebuild the Library using IPhoto Library Manager. Let me know if that didn't worked...