Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My iPhone has decided not to accept my password XXXXX I have

Customer Question
My iPhone has decided not...

My iPhone has decided not to accept my password XXXXX I have been using successfully. I went to my computer and checked and the passwords are still there and they are working according to the fact that I hit check settings and they came back ok (I have 2 names) Can someone help me? If you are emailing, [email protected] or my phone is XXXXXXX. Thanks!! Alice XXXXXXXXX

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
5/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi Alice,

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Which password XXXXX you mean? the password XXXXX your email address or for your apple id etc?

and what is the error message you get by using the password XXXXX know?

Thank You
Vinod

My email accounts. I read this would cost $38 but I was charged $58. What is going on? My email passwords - at least one is not working. xxx xxxx xxxx. Would like to talk. Maybe get this fixed faster.

Unfortunately, we cannot talk. Just answer don't have such an option.
Not sure why you are charged $58 instead of $38. You can email justanswer customer [email protected] to get it resolved.

But I will try my best to get it resolved fast.

Which is your email provider? gmail, yahoo etc...
What is the error message you get when you try to access the email
ATT which I sent earlier on the list of questions along with what windows, etc. My iPhone says the username or password [email protected] is incorrect although I have been using my password XXXXX for some time. I see I got another email saying to change it to b8y0ngx. Do I really have to do this? On computer and iPhone? Please let me know asap, thanks.
It says you are an iPod specialist.....don't I need an iPhone specialist?
I can help you with ipod, ipad and iphone and itunes.

If you have received such a mail as to change your password XXXXX b8y0ngyx, let's change to that password XXXXX the phone and see whether it works or not

Go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars. Click on your account name. in the next page, click on your account name again. you will get a screen with the name, password XXXXX click on the password XXXXX and change it. Once done, click on done at the top right.

let's see whether that works
it did not accept this probably because it was not changed on my computer, will try there as well.
ok. let's try.
It has messed up my computer now. Now, nothing works! Did you not send me this info? If not, who did? to me it looks like b8y and then a 0 not an O Now nothing works.
We do not send any info as we are not affiliated to att. May be ATT have sent you the info. I would recommend you to change the password XXXXX your email address.
ATT did not send this, had no reason to. I have not contacted them so don't know how/why. I changed it back, does not work at all now.
are you using any email client in the computer such as outlook, thunderbird etc to sign in to the mail?
Outlook
So what happens when you are trying to access mail from your computer? what is the exact error message you get?
The box keeps popping up that has my email address and and password, pops up over and over. I hit send and receive and get this and then do not get email. I have about 10 more minutes at the most......
Are you able to sign in to the email through a browser (such as IE, Firefox etc).

If not,
First of all, let's change the email password XXXXX going to

https://www.att.com/olam/forgotPasswordAction.olamexecute?forgotPasswordActionEvent=forgotPasswordStep1

Then use that password XXXXX your outlook. Then check whether you are able to use the mail.
I did the above, it would not accept the change password....and they were going to send me a temp password XXXXX of course, my email is not responding, so I am out of time and still not email.
I understand your frustration..:(

Let's restart the computer and use the temporary password XXXXX you have that.
As I was trying to get the password XXXXX work ATT came on board and showed me now to change it (guess nothing is sacred) so I did that, will now try to change the email to match and see what happens. Yes, closing and restarting the computer does wonders but I will have to do my email changes first then will try that. Will let you know in a minute or 2 - well, iPhone won't accept it. Will try computer - nope, enter password XXXXX keeps popping up. If I close out and reopen, will I lose you? I am going to restart now.
no, you can bookmark this website and get back to me
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist