Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

tying to sync my ipod to my new pc the old one broke...wont

Customer Question
let me sync reason is...
tying to sync my ipod to my new pc the old one broke...wont let me sync reason is it telling i already have 5 autherized and need to deautherized but not sucessfull trying to deauthorized, cannot transfer purchased items from my ipod to the library please help
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
5/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer replied 6 years ago
Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer

If you do not have access to the old machine you want to deauthorize you cannot just deauthorize the single machine, Instead you will need to deauthorize all of your machines then go back and reauthorize those that you still have.

To do this can you click the iTunes Store link in the menu on the left side of the iTunes software window and then click the Account button then enter your account name and password.

Next can you click the Account button again and enter your password XXXXX click View Account, When the Account Information window opens can you then click Deauthorize All.

After that is done you will then need to go to each of your iTunes machines and then click the store button from the top toolbar and click Authorize

Try that and let us know if you need more info or clarification

Thanks

it didnt work

its telling me you have already 5 computers with this account, to authorized this computer you must firs deauthorized one of the other computers but it wont let me... this is not a mac its a win 7

please help

Ok,

So were you able to open iTunes then click store on the left hand menu then choose accounts and then go to view account and click the deauthorize all option?

If not can you tell me how far you got?

Thanks

I didn't have the option to choose "accounts" my option is "Authorized this computer or Deauthorized this computer" so I Deauthorized this new computer by entering the password XXXXX it said the computer was successfully deauthorized, but then when i try to sync its telling me that 5 account is already authorized....

Ok,

In iTunes when you go to store then select your account do you see a screen like this http://media.obsessable.com/media/2008/10/19/zz0887d636-1.jpg

Let me know

Thanks
No
Ok,

In that case I am going to have to opt out and see I another expert has any ideas as that is the only way I know to deauthorize all your machines

Thanks
so, is someone else going to email me back maybe if you or someone could call we might be able to fix is....

I didnt get it. is that a yes. someone will keep in touch until we fix this

chloe

Relist: Incomplete answer.
was not able to resolve the issue. can some one else help-
Mac Support Specialist: Kevin N, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 years ago
Kevin N
Kevin N, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is Kevin and I will be assisting you today.

To be able to sync, Claws is correct - click iTunes Store from the left side of the screen - the iTunes store should open like this - I think you may be clicking Store at the top of the screen instead of iTunes Store:

Next, then click your name at the top right. This will open up a login prompt, then the account settings. Click Deauthorize All.

Exit the settings, then click Store>>Authorize Computer and you should now be able to sync.

If this works for you, please click Accept on the Answer Claws provided - if not, let me know and I can help resolve this for you.

Hi kevin

Thanks, but when i do that it opens up account information box and it says one computer is authorized to play content purchased withthis applie id. it dosen't ask me to de authorized.

I do not have the option to click on Deauathorize all

now its telling me the ipod is synced with another itunes library. An IPod can be synce with only one itunes library at a time. what would you like to do. my options are camcel or erase and sync or transfer purchanses, i click on transfer purchased and it does nothing

I'm frustrated at this point..

I haven't heard anything back, i guess we can pick this up tomorrow in the afternoon after church

good night

Kevin N
Kevin N
Kevin N, Computer Hardware Engineer