Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

my wife has Photoshop 6 cs3 loaded on her macbook pro and

my wife has Photoshop 6 cs3 loaded on her macbook pro and Bridge will not connect with and down pictures from camera memory card. Displays " the operation could not be completed"
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
version 10.6.6
2.4 Ghz intel core 2 duo
4 gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram

ran repair permissions , repaired a whole lot of files.

Bridge still does not complete operation.
OK CS3 is not really guaranteed to work on 10.6. In fact:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/512/cpsid_51215.html

I suggest you upgrade.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
up grade to what?
Adobe CS5.