Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I just bought an HP 8500A. When I dont use it for awhile it

Customer Question
I just bought an HP...
I just bought an HP 8500A. When I don't use it for awhile it goes into sleep mode, how do I wake it up?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 6 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Are you sending it print commands and it is ignoring them?
What version of OS X do you have?
How is the printer connected?

The printer is connected. I have the latest version of OX. I just bought this new machine, because the last (new one) did the same thing, I thought it was screwed up.
How is it connected, USB, wireless?
Which machine? The iMac or the printer?
The Mcabook Pro is connected to the 8500a with a usb.
Ok, what do you mean by Sleep, the printer just sits idle until it gets a print command, then it does what it is told.
Something is going on but I do not have enough to go on.
You need to define Sleep.
The screen is off and the power button glows in and out. I'm not sure if that is sleep or not?
What machine are you talking about? That sounds like the Mac is asleep, the light pulses kind of like a snore.
Is that what you mean? If so then pressing any key or moving the mouse or running your finger over the trackpad will wake it up.
Daniel, Mac Genius