Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hello,- I am not able to send an e-mail from my mac.com account.

Customer Question
i receive on my pop.3.live...
Hello,- I am not able to send an e-mail from my mac.com account. i receive on my pop.3.live account, but i think my smtp account no longer is correct.

Anne Heidi Guderud
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 6 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Are you using Apple Mail program?
hei. yes, I'm using Apple Mail. It has been ok for a long time, but I think the SMTP account has been changed, and I don't find back to the right account.
OK

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
hello. I went to macintosh HD and followed your check list. The Repair Permission was successful, but my problem is still here. ( "SUID file system/libary/co has been changed and will not be repaired")

version :mac OSX 10.6.6
prosessor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo
memory 2 GB 1067MHZ DDR3
OK was Verify Disk OK? Also run Software Update and then we will check your SMTP settings in MAil.
Verify Disk OK. I have also run Software Uppdate
SMTP setting is not correct. can you help?
hello, have you checked my SMTP settings in mail? 'm still waiting
Sorry go to Mail / Preferences / Accounts choose your .me account and on the right go to Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) then click on the list and go to Edit SMTP Server list. Delet any that are obsolete and check the .me to make sure the setting sare correct should be smtp.me.com and SSL should be selected, you user and pass and Default ports should be checked.
Sorry, but I'm unsure of how to do it right. I don't get the settings right. I got 3 choice: description, server and account, but what is the correct settings?
where do I select SSL?
Those are not the choices look below select the advanced tab then choose your me.com server and it should look like this.
"I still get the message "SMTP.me.com (not connected) and PASSWORD: SMTP account not accepted.
the last message is new: is this the same password as the one I use for my mail account? SORRY
Delete all the servers and set them up again.
NO !!
in use by account: ?

I'm soon ready to give up!!!!
How many are listed?
None
OK hit the plus sign to create another server and put in your info.
hello again. I'm sorry to say that your directions did not work, but thanks anyway !!
What do you mean? What happens?
I suggest you Delete the MobileMe account restart and then set it up again.
Mike, Mac Medic