Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hello,- I am not able to send an e-mail from my mac.com account.

Customer Question

Hello,- I am not able to send an e-mail from my mac.com account. i receive on my pop.3.live account, but i think my smtp account no longer is correct.

Anne Heidi Guderud
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Are you using Apple Mail program?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hei. yes, I'm using Apple Mail. It has been ok for a long time, but I think the SMTP account has been changed, and I don't find back to the right account.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OK

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello. I went to macintosh HD and followed your check list. The Repair Permission was successful, but my problem is still here. ( "SUID file system/libary/co has been changed and will not be repaired")

version :mac OSX 10.6.6
prosessor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo
memory 2 GB 1067MHZ DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OK was Verify Disk OK? Also run Software Update and then we will check your SMTP settings in MAil.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Verify Disk OK. I have also run Software Uppdate
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SMTP setting is not correct. can you help?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello, have you checked my SMTP settings in mail? 'm still waiting
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Sorry go to Mail / Preferences / Accounts choose your .me account and on the right go to Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) then click on the list and go to Edit SMTP Server list. Delet any that are obsolete and check the .me to make sure the setting sare correct should be smtp.me.com and SSL should be selected, you user and pass and Default ports should be checked.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, but I'm unsure of how to do it right. I don't get the settings right. I got 3 choice: description, server and account, but what is the correct settings?
where do I select SSL?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Those are not the choices look below select the advanced tab then choose your me.com server and it should look like this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
"I still get the message "SMTP.me.com (not connected) and PASSWORD: SMTP account not accepted.
the last message is new: is this the same password as the one I use for my mail account? SORRY
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Delete all the servers and set them up again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NO !!
in use by account: ?

I'm soon ready to give up!!!!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
How many are listed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
None
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
OK hit the plus sign to create another server and put in your info.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello again. I'm sorry to say that your directions did not work, but thanks anyway !!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean? What happens?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I suggest you Delete the MobileMe account restart and then set it up again.