Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

just installed new canon MF4570dn to my imac but it wons

Customer Question
just installed new canon MF4570dn...
just installed new canon MF4570dn to my imac but it won's scan
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean
the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.6.6 or Mac OS X 10.5.8, etc" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Since you installed the software for your Canon MF4570dn, aside from not being able to scan with it, are you able to print?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

II will be looking forward to your reply.

Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Terry - Thanks for helping. My name is Eric. I'm a trial lawyer in Virginia. I like linux, Mac.

10.6.7

Prints fine.

- Eric
Glad to be of service Eric!

Considering it appears that you just installed the software for your Canon,
as of 03/24/2011 Canon released a new driver update for your
MF4570dn Driver Update for Mac OS X 10.6

So run this update and try to perform a scan.

If you cannot scan, then I recommend you take a quick view in your owner's manual for your Canon MF4570dn, on Canon's website for your printer,
in regards XXXXX XXXXX Scan feature, it shows :

Scanner
Scanner TypeColor Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
Max. ResolutionsOptical:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
Interpolated:9600 x 9600 dpi
Scanner FeaturesRotate, Push Scan (Scan to PC), Pull Scan

Color Depth24-bit
File FormatHi-Compression PDF, Search able PDF, PDF, JPEG, TIFF, BMP2

And for what I have been able to access so far, the Scanner seems to be more geared toward PC use with the Canon TWAIN Driver ( the driver software that drives the scanner portion of your printer) for the MF4570dn, than for both PC and Mac.

So let me know how that driver update and attempt to scan works.

I will be here awaiting your reply.

-Regards,

-Terry
MacTechTrainer
Thank you for the Accept and the kindness of your Bonus Eric! I appreciate this very much.

I hope the information I provided you, has helped you resolve your Mac technical issue.

However, remember, an "Accept" is not necessarily the end of the session, especially if you still have questions, or you find your issue is still not resolved after accepting my initial answer.

So please, feel free to reply again, if you still have questions regarding the question I just answered for you.

If you are satisfied with the Answer(s) provided you, however, we appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback of our service, as we are always striving to continually provide the best possible customer service experience for you, here with JustAnswer.com

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

Sincerest Regards,

-Terry ("Mactechtrainer")
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer