Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Good Morning... I bought CS5 in September, but I just started

Good Morning...

I bought CS5 in September, but I just started to use Classroom In A Book this week. In the second lesson, it says to open Photoshop, ten hold down the Command/Option/Shift keys to get the default settings. Nothing happened. So I opened Bridge, and held down the same keys. I have now lost the standard opening page in Photoshop. The applications bar is gone. The Bridge page is quite different. How can I get back to the standard pages. PLUS...there's more. First things first.

Tom
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
It did reset I guess. Go to Photoshop / Window / Workspace and choose the layout that you want.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Mike...

I went to the web page you suggested, but I certainly need more info. There are many things there dealing with Photoshop. I need specifics. Can you further help me?

Thanks

Tom
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I did not suggest a webpage.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey, Mike...

You said "It did re-set, I guess". ??? My home page is still not te way it should be. When I went to Photoshop/Window/Workspace there are many things to click on. I don't see anyplace that indicates Original CS5 homepage. ??

Tom
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean by homepage, you mean the initial screen that comes up when you start PS? A homepage is usually a website.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mike,

When I click to open Photoshop, the main page comes up and it's different from before. Before, in the upper left, there was a box with Computer, Desktop, My documents, My Pictures. Just above Computer, it says Favorites. Next to that, it says Folders. Now that is all gone. The tool box is there, but the box with "Contents" is gone. In order to get the CONTENTS box, I have to open Bridge. I want to go back to the original page. I know I can make a new folder and put all my pictures in it, then move it to the desktop...then re-install Photoshop. But there must be an easier was.

Tom
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I have never seen anything like that in Photoshop CS5. I wish you could show me a screen shot. Give me a minute.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I see you must have been launching the Mini Bridge, I don't use that. Go to the second icon to the right of the PS at the upper left it is labelled Mb
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, I went to Minibridge...what the?

Tom
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Isn't that what was missing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mike...

This problem can't be answered like this. I need a phone number, where I can physically talk to someone to explain the problem. Can you give me a number??

Tom
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
No sorry this is how it works. Isn’t this what you are missing it is called the Mini Bridge and you access it throug the little button on the upper left, see picture:

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mike,

Maybe I'm not making my problem perfectly clear. When I click on "PS" at the bottom of my screen, Photoshop comes up...but then when I opened Adobe Bridge, I lost the standard components of the Bridge page, and I don't know how to get them back.

In the upper left, I should have Favorites/folders, and below that, vertically, there should be Computer/Desktop/My Documents/My Pictures. In the center should be Content with all my folders, and on the right should be Preview, and below that, Metadata. How can I get that back?

Tom
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
That is exactly what I am showing you did you look at the picture?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mike...

Help me out. If I accept answer, are we finished? What do I click on to see your picture?

Tom
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Just Accept from this post