Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I HAVE ITUNES 10 ON MY NEW COMPUTER WITH AVAST .I CANNOT CONNECT

I HAVE ITUNES 10 ON MY NEW COMPUTER WITH AVAST .I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE STORE AND MY APPLE I.D.(IPOD NAME)IS NOT RECOGNIZED.I ALSO DOWNLOADED MUSIC FROM MY X-TERNAL HARD DRIVE TO ITUNES AND IT KEEPS STATING THAT IT NEEDS THE SOURCE.I'M FAIRLY COMPETENT WITH THE COMPUTER BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.THANK YOU

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

May be the antivirus (avast) is interfering in the connection to the store. Disable avast and try to connect. Let's see whether we can connect to the store then.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
turning off avast is only a short term fix---i don't want to turn on or off to fix.
I just wanted to check whether you are able to connect to the store when no antivirus is present. So did you mean you are able to connect to the store when avast is turned off?

Let's create an exception for itunes in the windows firewall if it is not present. Use this article to create an exception http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2553
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will pay you anyway for your time-don't worry.But I cannot get itunes store when avast is turned off and there are already exceptions in my windows firewall for itunes i assume set when i downloaded the current version of itunes.Help me Dude--I'm going bananas!
Sorry for the late reply. I understand your situation. Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes may help to resolve the issue. Before that, let's try some other steps. Use this doc to flush dns cache http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1527
If that does not help connecting to the store, go to control panel and uninstall iTunes, QuickTime, apple software update, apple mobile device support and apple application support. Then restate the computer and install iTunes from www.apple.com/itunes/download
Let me know if these steps don't work.