Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

The other day I paid $38 to have help with my gmail account

Customer Question
and it still is not...
The other day I paid $38 to have help with my gmail account and it still is not working correctly. I am constantly asked for the password XXXXX I save it to the keychain but the message keeps coming back.

Please assist me on this issue

Regards,
Paul Brady
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
3/1/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

I don't have to access to your other question. If you give me the link of that question i will ask the Expert (who was working on your question) to help you or Do you need my help ?
I have been asking for assistance and I keep receiving emails to send my questions to hopefully this address. I am receiving notices from gmail that I have to put my password in which I do and I also save it to my keychain however the message continues to come up on the screen.

What do I have to do to stop this from happening.

Paul Brady
Are you accessing your Gmail with Apple Mail application ?
Yes I am accessing my mail through Apple mail application which I have been doing for almost one year and this is the first time the message constantly appears that I must put in my password even though I am saying the password to my keychain.

Paul Brady
We can reset the Keychain password and see if that works or not..
  1. Goto Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/ folder and open Keychain Access
  2. From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click Reset My Keychain, which is under the General pane.
  4. Authenticate with your account login password.
  5. Quit Keychain Access.
  6. Restart your computer.

Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,
I continue to have problems and as of a few minutes ago the message appeared on the screen to type in my password which I did and saved it again to the keychain. Not sure what else I should be doing. Also this message never has come up before this problem started.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you

Paul Brady
Hi Paul,
How are you accessing the Gmail ? With Safari or with Apple Mail application ?
Hi

Through the Apple Mail application

Regards,
Paul
You can reset the Mail Preferences and then reset the Keychain and see if that works or not. Close Mail and goto Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/ folder and trash com.apple.mail.plist file

Then reset Keychain and open Mail application. Does that worked ?

If not, then login to www.gmail.com on your Safari and change the password of your Gmail account. Then open Mail and update the password from Mail menu > Preferences.

Let me know if that didn't worked...
Ashik, Mac Technician