Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I loaded a Bookworm Deluxe app onto my desk top in 2005. It

Customer Question
I loaded a Bookworm Deluxe...
I loaded a Bookworm Deluxe app onto my desk top in 2005. It has worked fine until today, but now I can't open the app. A relaunch screen comes up but when I hit relaunch, it says it has unexpectedly quit. When I hit relaunch and reset, it does the same thing. Should I just reload the original app disk?

XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/2/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast replied 6 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode following the steps below:

1- Turn off your Mac

2- Turn it on and press and HOLD the SHIFT key on the keyboard, until you see "Safe Boot" on the login window.

3- Wait for Mac OS X to be completely loaded. (sometimes it's fast, other times it can take a while, like 10 or 15 minutes)

4- Restart the computer in normal mode.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

I turned off the computer and then restarted it. I held down the shift button for at least a minute and nothing happened. I did not get the "safe boot" message. What should I do now?
OK. What exact Mac OS X version do you have ? Go to apple icon, then About this Mac. You will see the version number under "Mac OS X"

Thank you.
OS-X 10.5.8
OK, if you have OS X 10.5.8 then you have the safe boot option for sure. You need to restart and immediately press and keep holding down the SHIFT key for several seconds until you get the "Safe Boot" window or you get a "process bar" on the bottom of the screen (below the apple icon). Please try that again and let me know.

If no luck, please re-install the application and let me know.

Thank you

John Cappucci

ok. Got safe boot to work. Now the window that flashes up when I click on the Bookworm Deluxe icon says "Bookworm Deluxe must be run using an account with Computer Administrative control. It's always worked before so I don't know what this is about. thanks, sharon
OK, now restart your computer (do NOT press the Shift key now), and try to open Bookworm now.

Does it work?

Thank you

John Cappucci

Still doesn't work. Got the same message about must be run using an account with Computer Administrative Control.
OK, please follow the steps below to verify your disk and permissions:

1- Open Finder (the first icon on your dock)

2- Double click "Applications" on the left

3- Now double click the "Utilities" folder on the right

4- Double click "Disk Utility" to open it

5- Select "Macintosh HD" on your right, then click "Verify Disk". If the result is NOT OK, click "Repair Disk"

6- Click "Verify Disk Permissions". If the result is NOT OK, click "Repair Disk Permissions"

7- Restart your Mac

8- Try opening Bookworm now

9- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

10- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci