Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi, I purchased a 64gb ipad in early December of 2010...it

Customer Question
has worked well, except as...
Hi, I purchased a 64gb ipad in early December of 2010...it has worked well, except as of today it will not turn on...the on/off switch does not seem to work, and when I plugged the machine in to the charger, that did not work. What can I do?

Up to today, I have really liked this device!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/2/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast replied 6 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below in order to reset the iPad:

To reset iPad, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Remember when you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

I feel like an idiot. Thankyou....fix is in. I will "accept answer".