Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I fix error 19992 on Outlook for Mac

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
1/13/2011
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Can you please provide the details?

Which version of outlook you are using?

Which mail service you are using ? (AOL, Gmail, hotmail ..etc)

I am using Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011, Version 14.0.0 for my main work email. This is what is broken.

I use a hotmail and gmail for my personal email. These are working fine.
Which service you are using for main work mail? hotmail, gmail or any other?
I only use Outlook and then the web mail service (owa) for Outlook provided by the bank... I don't use hotmail or gmail or any of those for work purposes.
Usually error 19992 related with a server side problem. Can you access the work mail through a web browser? (That is; going to their home page and login to your account )
Can you please contact them with this issue? If they are saying the problem is not with them and you can access the mail through the browser I think we need to do a repair installation of outlook.

Regards
Jins
Yes, I can access my mail through the outlook web access and when I logon at the office via the LAN it works fine. So you think I need to do a re-intallation of Outlook?
Yes please do a re-installation of outlook.