Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Import from DVD+R additional images into existing iMovie

Customer Question
Mac OS 10.6.4 with iMovie...
Mac OS 10.6.4 with iMovie 09. Am making slide show from photos & video from recent trip. Have been sent a DVD+R with additional images which I am told is to be opened with Windows Media Player. DVD opened to show images but I could not add them to project. I downloaded VLC for Mac and was able to drag some files (Video_TS.BUP and VTS_01_0.IFO) onto
player to view but, again, unable to put into iMovie project. What can I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2011
Mac Support Specialist: iteachmac, The Duke! replied 7 years ago
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!

iteachmac :

Hi , If the data is in normal DVD video format , please use Handbrake to rip the dvd to MP4

iteachmac :

Problem solved .

iteachmac :

Thanks.

iteachmac :

Ps , if you want to play a DVD , just drag the Whole " VIDEO_TS folder to the DVD player icon , or dock icon , or in to the VLC playlist if the Mac cant play it normally .

iteachmac :

I hope this helps .

iteachmac :

Hi did you get the reply ?

JACUSTOMER-wgpp500- :

I need to talk to you as I really don't understand what you are saying.

JACUSTOMER-wgpp500- :

I am going off line now but will try again

iteachmac :

Hi If you have a DVD video .

iteachmac :

Insert the DVD in the Mac

iteachmac :

Launch Handbrake .

iteachmac :

The DVD chapters should load in to Handbrake .

iteachmac :

Press start .

iteachmac :

A file is saved to your mac as a video file .

iteachmac :

You can work with the file now in Mac applications .

iteachmac :

Does this help .

iteachmac :

Thanks.

iteachmac :

In the Handbrake application you can also choose an output video format such as Apple TV , see the Apple section in the side bar , and choose Apple TV , Apple TV plays MP4s so the quality of the export should be fine with this setting and be MP4 format , you can try both standard settings or others as you require .

iteachmac :

Handbrake is the best way to take DVD video from DVDs on to your Mac .

iteachmac :

If this fails the DVD maybe in a PC only format , request the video and pictures in a Cross platform format , such as TIFF JPG , MP4 , H.264 , DV video etc .

iteachmac :

Or use Windows on your Mac with parallels desktop to get to the data / video / pictures ..

iteachmac :

parallels desktop does not come with Windows , you will need a copy of windows XP or Windows 7 to use it and activation etc .

iteachmac :

Avoid Windows Vista .

iteachmac :

Your Mac will need at least 4GB , to run windows on your Mac , 8GB i recommend for good use , and a intel CPU is required .

iteachmac :

A mac pro with 8GB should do the job easy .

iteachmac :

A imac core duo or mac mini with 4GB etc , will be harder to get good performance .

iteachmac :

I hope this helps .

iteachmac
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!