Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have had my ipad 4 days. It went to sleep while I was talking

I have had my ipad...
I have had my ipad 4 days. It went to sleep while I was talking on the telephone and will not wake up. How do I get it to start again?
1/1/2011
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

Ipod Specialist :

Hi

Ipod Specialist :

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Ipod Specialist :

Let's connect your ipad to the computer. Press and hold the power button and the home button together for 10-15 sec

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Thank you but I thought I was talking to an american. Are you in India? I did as you requested. Inow showitunes and the cable

Ipod Specialist :

I am in India.

Ipod Specialist :

does it show a itunes and a cable now?

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

It says you are an ipod expert and i have an ipad

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

yes

Ipod Specialist :

I can help you with ipad/ipod/itunes

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

okey

Ipod Specialist :

is it showing an itunes symbol and a usb cable?

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

what do I do now? Yes it is

Ipod Specialist :

It means some software issues has happened to the ipad or it does not have anything

Ipod Specialist :

have you synced your ipad with itunes?

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

This was before it went to sleep

Ipod Specialist :

now since it is showing the itunes and the usb cable, we need to restore the ipad to factory settings.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

How do I do that

Ipod Specialist :

Your ipad is still connected to the computer, correct?

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Yes

Ipod Specialist :

Let's open the itunes.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

How do I do that and not lose you?

Ipod Specialist :

You can minimize this window and open the itunes application.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

I have itunes up but it is not the home page so where do I go?

Ipod Specialist :

I will send you a screen shot. Let me know if that is the page you have.

Ipod Specialist :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

no, I had a picture of my ipodinfo and a restore button which i pushed

Ipod Specialist :

We cannot do a normal restore. That will not help. Press and hold the home button and the power button together until you see an apple. The very moment you see an apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button. Your itunes should ask you to restore it explicitly

Ipod Specialist :

Once restored, set it up as a new ipad

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Im sorry but i have itunes motive and usb cable picture again

Ipod Specialist :

It will show you just that picture, even if we do a reset. Once you see an apple logo after reset, keep on holding the home button until you receive a message in itunes saying that ipad is in recovery mode

Ipod Specialist :

it will take around 5-15 sec

Ipod Specialist :

did you get that message?

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

no it says on my computor that i have to restore the ipad before i can connect with the itunes

Ipod Specialist :

Does that message say that "itunes has detected an ipad in recovery mode".?

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

yes

Ipod Specialist :

Let's click on restore now.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

okey

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

I did it

Ipod Specialist :

done with the restore or is it still performing it?

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

It just went to apple

Ipod Specialist :

It will take some time to restore. The restore progress will be displayed to the top of itunes

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Yes it is about half finished

Ipod Specialist :

ok

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

It is also on the screen

Ipod Specialist :

yes it is

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Why when my ipad is under warenty do i have to pay 25 dollars to fix it?

Ipod Specialist :

Just Answer is a paid website. It is not affiliated to apple anyway.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Boy what a rip off!

Ipod Specialist :

I understand.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Apple should pay this

Ipod Specialist :

You will get free support from Apple since the ipad is under warranty. Their phone number is XXXXX

Ipod Specialist :

If you are not satisfied, you can get a refund from just answer by going to

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

I tried their number and they were closed and sent me here. I thought I was still connected to apple

Ipod Specialist :

sorry to hear that. Not sure how that happened

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

My screen is now black. Do i try to turn it on?

Ipod Specialist :

Usually they work from 8am to 8pm central time

Ipod Specialist :

No. Let's wait

Ipod Specialist :

The computer should tell that the restore is complete.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Its a holiday and Sunday here

Ipod Specialist :

Apple works 7 days a week.

Ipod Specialist :

may be every site is having a common holiday today.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

The computor already said that Now i have to restore as starting from scratch, right?

Ipod Specialist :

yes

Ipod Specialist :

set it up as a new ipad

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

okey it started Thank you very much since i dont know what made thia happon i hope it doesnt do it again

Ipod Specialist :

It will not.

Ipod Specialist :

Good to hear that it worked.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Thank you are we through? I will hit accept because its not your fault i was sent to your company

Ipod Specialist :

I understand. We are through.

JACUSTOMER-9x0r7but- :

Good bye

Ipod Specialist :

You can just reply to this if any issue occurs.

Ipod Specialist :

bye

Ipod Specialist :

have a great new year

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist