iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

I just downloaded skype application. I read license agreement

Customer Question

I just downloaded skype application. I read license agreement and accepted. Skype logo appeared in the dock of my Mac computer - OS X Welcome to Skype screen appeared. I typed in a name and password. It keeps telling me that it does not recognize my password, my name, or my email address. Therefore, cannot use the "forget you password XXXXX"
Help. Please.
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 6 years ago.

iteachmac :

Hi can you try to log on at skype.com website to test your account details , update as needed.

iteachmac :

if you still have issues once you have adjusted your account , made sure of access .

iteachmac :

On your Mac under Look in Mac HD / Library / Preferences/ find the com.skype.skype.plist . Move the file to the trash then restart the Skype app. Let me know if that works , You can reinstall the Skype app if you have any doubt it is ok .

iteachmac :

Only download Skype from their own website http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/home

iteachmac :

Does this help , thanks.

JACUSTOMER-jbnw30rk- :

Sorry but I do not wish to accept. Your answer would not have helped me. I discovered the reason for the problem on my own while I was waiting for an answer. It was simple, but in fine print. The screen kept asking for my account name and password XXXXX only in very fine print did it essentially say, click here to establish an account name. If I would have gone to skype.com to test account details. The result would have been the same - we don't recognize you. Gary Fischer

iteachmac :

ok glad you got it fixed , your where just setting up your account then .

iteachmac :

You can setup an account more easy on the website if there are problems , Thanks.