The Mac Daddy
The Mac Daddy, Mac Genius
Experience:  Worked for 5 years as a Mac Genius in one of Apple's most prestigious flagship stores.
49981040

How can I tell if someone has remotely accessed my Macbook

How can I tell if someone has remotely accessed my Macbook camera (audio and/or video)? If my computer is on sleep mode and closed, can someone remotely hear my conversations?
Category: Mac
Expert:  The Mac Daddy replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com, I would be happy to help!

It is almost improbable that someone is spying on you using your computer, and they will almost certainly will have to have had physical access to it to set something up like that in the first place... To my knowledge there is no such software for the Mac...

It is impossible for the computer to transmit anything while on sleep mode and closed, especially sound, as the microphone is built into the display, next to the camera (depending which model), or next to the keyboard. So there is no chance that people can record your conversations while the computer is in this state.

Hope this helps to set your mind at ease!

****PLEASE READ CAREFULLY****

- If you feel that my answer was helpful, please click on the ACCEPT button otherwise I won't get paid and money remains in JustAnswer limbo!
- Feedback is important and helps other people make a better decision. It only takes 15 seconds to fill out.
- Bonuses and thank you notes are very much appreciated! :)

Please contact me directly (or save my site) at http://bit.ly/themacdaddy if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Thank you!