Mac

Hi,i have downloaded films to the HD Media Player, plugged…

Customer Question
Hi,i have downloaded films to...
Hi,i have downloaded films to the HD Media Player, plugged in the HDMI cable,pressed the source tv control button and nothing appears to be coming up on screen. No menu or anything relevant other than several lines in the top left corner which mean nothing to me.

What suggestions do you have please?

Many thanks,

Simon... Read full answer

What suggestions do you have please?

Many thanks,

Simon
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
12/4/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 8 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
What HD Media player?
I have a ScreenPlay director HD Media Player.

Thanks,

Simon
• Press the TV SYS button on the remote control repeatedly until the screen displays normally. This toggles
the video ouput setting on the ScreenPlay Director as follows: PAL → NTSC → 480i 60 Hz → 480p 60 Hz
→ 576i 50 Hz → 576p 50 Hz → 720p 60 Hz → 1080i 60 Hz.
does the usb cable need to be connected also? all connections in place but message saying waiting for cables to be connected keeps appearing, nor will it pick up a signal.
I take it you can connect to an port in the back of the tv? presently on HDMI3. i've taken the USB cables out?
Connect the HDMI cable to the TV make sure the TV input is set to that input then:
done that, same screen keeps appearing with message, waiting for detection of USB keys..Also keeps coming up with NO SIGNAL
Where is it saying “waiting for detection of USB keys” if there is NO SIGNAL the TV screen should be blank?
on the tv, maybe a faulty device, considering taking it back to shop
You don‘t mean the TV right that message has to be coming from the Screenplay not the TV.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Can't sink my new Roku with my old tv. Service was
Can't sink my new Roku with my old tv. Service was transferred and I want to connect my Roku to the new service. My old device is ten years old and I bought a new one. But it won't accept the code for… read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
I have a MacBook air with the cable to connect to HDMI. When
I have a MacBook air with the cable to connect to HDMI. When I connect it to the TV I find that the TV does not recognize the mac and the mac seems to think the only way to connect is via apple TV (wh… read more
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
When i try to use remote apple tv box flashes but does not
when i try to use remote apple tv box flashes but does not respond. i have tried unplugging power source and HDMI and unpairing it, no luck … read more
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070
Stop searching for answers—
I want to use my mac book pro to show a photo slide show on
I want to use my mac book pro to show a photo slide show on my sharp aquos led LCD 1080p. I have all the cables hdmi and mini display port connected corrected. How do I show on the tv. Help please… read more
hello we are trying to play our iTunes music from our computer
hello we are trying to play our iTunes music from our computer on our apple tv/home speakers...we see the music on apple tv but when we play it the audio comes from the TV not the speakers... we have … read more
Expert Scott
Expert Scott
I am having a problem with connecting my macbook pro to my
I am having a problem with connecting my macbook pro to my tv with HDMI. Every time I connect it, it says resolution mismatch. I have tried connecting my mac book to all my other tv's and it woks fine… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Teac LEDC32U83HD LED TV. When I connect it to my Mac
I have a Teac LEDC32U83HD LED TV. When I connect it to my Mac Mini computer with a HDMI cable to watch tv episode I've purchased in iTunes, the picture comes through perfectly, but there's no sound. I… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Hi, I cant get a picture from Apple TV2 on my TV! it drives
Hi, I can't get a picture from Apple TV2 on my TV! it drives me nuts! I thaught that woul be easy but I definitel need serious help! Here is my Hardware Config: iMac i7 Thunderbolt, quad core, 2.93 Gh… read more
Mac Genius,
The Digital AV Adapter for iPad 2 is not working on my TV?
I recently purchased a Digital AV Adapter for my IPAD2 so I could hook it up to my HDMI TV. When I hooked it up, I got nothing...no signal. I did the same thing with my Sony Computer and hooked it up … read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Trying to turn my TV screen into a monitor from my MAC computer.
Trying to turn my TV screen into a monitor from my MAC computer. Even though I have the connectors, adaptors and cable hooked up in the proper place on the back of the TV, I cannot make it work. I thi… read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
Electrician / Programmer / Sound design,
Good evening. Have MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.5. Video outputs from
Good evening. Have MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.5. Video outputs from this Mac to S-Video, RCA, or VGA ok. Unfortunately, video into Hi-Def TV set must come through coax only (thus through RF modulator). On … read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
Hi, Im trying to connect a MacBook laptop, model mid 2010,
Hi, I'm trying to connect a MacBook laptop, model mid 2010, to a Toshiba-TV, Model 22LV505 (November 2008) via a HDMI cable from the Mac's miniDisplay port (with HDMI adapter) to the Toshiba's HDMI po… read more
Stop searching for answers—
Problem Mac Notebook Pro connection to SONY Bavaria TV with
Problem: Mac Notebook Pro connection to SONY "Bavaria" TV with iWires cable "MiniDisplayPort to HDMI & 3.5mm Digital Optical Cable".Picture works ok but no sound. Any ideas? tks R. Baer… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
I have an imac and have just hooked up apple tv. Problem is
I have an imac and have just hooked up apple tv. Problem is there's a thin green line down the left side of the tv screen when I'm on apple tv (and occasionally along the top but thinner). Any ideas w… read more
robgranholm
robgranholm
IT Administrator and Support,
Ive been trying to connect my MacPro to the Panasonic
I've been trying to connect my MacPro to the Panasonic 32 " hdtv viera but when I press the Input on the remote control, I can never get it scroll down to hdmi 2 or 3 where I think I need to get to.… read more
iteachmac
iteachmac
I have a Philips flatscreen TV with an HDMI port. I want to
I have a Philips flatscreen TV with an HDMI port. I want to connect my Macintosh MacBook Pro to it so I can stream movies from netflix and watch them. I got a HDMI/DMI adapter cable but my Mac isn't r… read more
I HAVE BOUGHT A NEW IMAC DESK TOP 3 DAYS AGO 21.5 INCHES.I
I HAVE BOUGHT A NEW IMAC DESK TOP 3 DAYS AGO 21.5 INCHES.I HAVE HDMI TOSHIBA TV I WANTED WHICH WILL BE THE MORE CONVENIENT CABLE OR ADAPTER TO CONNECT FROM APPLE IMAC COMPUTER TO MY TOSHIBA TV HDMI PO… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
Having trouble hooking up to he television. cables are all
Having trouble hooking up to he television. cables are all in place but the TV is not recognizing. Pushing F7 but still no reaction?… read more
Mr Apple
Mr Apple
BSc Computer Science