Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I still have the following icon on my desk top that I cannot

Customer Question

I still have the following icon on my desk top that I cannot remove. "tomcal94111.mac.com" It has a Mobile Me icon in front of it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Right click on it and go to Show in Finder. What is it? Is this icon in the Dock or just laying on the Desktop?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's on my Desktop. I right clicked it, went to Finder Info. The information in finder is - Kind: Alis, Size: zero, Original /DANGEROUS URL REMOVED.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
It is nothing just trash it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried to drag in icon to trash. That doesn't eliminate it. When I drag it the trash bin changes to a ejcet icon. The Mbile Me icon and the tomcal94111.mac.com are still on my Desktop
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Can you take a screen shot and send it to:
[email protected]

To take a sceenshot hold down Shift and Command and the number 3, you will hear a click and the picture will be in Pictures folder. Let me know when sent.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I sent an email with a screen shot of my Desktop.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
That is your or someone else‘s iDisk. Do you recognize the name?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am tomcal94111.mac.com. There isn't a disk in the IMAC. It's just an the Desktop icon with the Moblle Me icon or symbol in front of it.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
If you are a MobileMe subscriber you have a virtual disk stored on Apple’s servers. It is called an iDisk. Go here to watch a tutorial
http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mobileme/
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Here is another good tutorial:

http://homepage.mac.com/rfwilmut/notes/idisk.html

so are you understanding what that is now?