Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Dear Just Answer, I am still on Leopard and have contact lists

Customer Question
on Yahoo, gmail and Apple...
Dear Just Answer, I am still on Leopard and have contact lists on Yahoo, gmail and Apple Address Book. Is there software for any of them, which will print out an A5 address book, changing pages with each change of the alphabet ? Yours sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 7 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Yes if you print from Address Book you will see the option to choose style (Pocket address book) and paper (A5) and Flip Style (Indexed).
Dear XXXXX, Many thanks so far. Unfortunately, most of my contacts are on Yahoo, because my ISP is BT. All the business contacts are on gmail, simply to make life easier. I can see a way forward by importing all contacts from both to Apple Address Book and then deciding, when transmitting an e-mail, which ISP to use However, that does seem a bit circuitous, so if there were A5 options for either of the others (preferably Yahoo), they would really hit the spot.
I have since tried the Address Book option. It has some quirks. (1) It does not print on a new page, when going from A to B. That can be overcome, if I print tall the As together, then all the Bs and so on. (2) If it gets to the bottom of the page, when in the middle of an address, I get half at the bottom of one column and half at the top of the next (3) It leaves bits of the alphabet in unpleasant horizontal black lines throughout each page (4) It prints in Courier in what looks to be size 8 or 9. I want Century School Book in size 12. I have enter the latter under the Set option but have so far not managed to get the programme to change its ways. Llease help. Yours sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Yours sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
This is the way it is “supposed“ to work:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10438843-263.html
Dear XXXXX, Well, sadly, it does not meet my needs. It is clearly not fit for purpose. If you could help me to get round, over or under these five drawbacks or point me towards a solution on either Yahoo or gmail (or both) which meets my not unreasonable requirements, we would really be getting somewhere.
Yours sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
This might serve your needs and it is quite cheap:

http://www.
filemaker.com/products/bento/features.html

Edited by Mike the MacMedic on 12/4/2010 at 7:09 PM EST
Dear XXXXX, I have now downloaded the trial version of Bento3. However, things are a bit mad round here at the moment and I will have to carve some time out to do the trial properly. I can only have one go at it, before I must decide. That time will be next Tuesday, after which I will contact you again. Please be patient.
Yours sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
OK good luck.
Mike, Mac Medic