Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

my iphone does not sync the apps I download on my computer

from my itunes store....
my iphone does not sync the apps I download on my computer from my itunes store. My phone does not have an itunes store app icon on it - what do I do
12/1/2010
Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Plug your iPod to your Computer and open iTunes.
You will see it under the Devices section of iTunes on the left.

Click the iPod icon under "Devices" on the left, once.

2- Then click the Applications tab and CHECK the "Sync Applications" square

3- Click the "Sync" button on the bottom right corner

4- Now you have the iTunes downloaded applications (games, etc) also in your iPod.

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

I have ticked the box but for some reason the area in itunes is "greyed out" and I cannot tick anymore. Not sure what to do with that. I can see the apps downloaded on the page on my screen but it does not sync nor does it give me access to select which apps to sync etc as it has ticked some but not the new ones. I hope I am making some sort of sense.
What iTunes version do you have? Please click HELP, then ABOUT

Thank you

John Cappucci
I have verson 10 and and I have an Iphone 3G 16gb phone. I appreciate you trying to help me out.Smile
Please reset the iPhone. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for 10 or more seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Please watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNlOd4QYVzo

Then connect it to your computer again and try to Sync following the previous answer.

Thank you

John Cappucci

I did that but it still greyed out when I try to sign in to Itunes account on my computer. I can see all the apps I have downloaded but cannot do anything on that Apps page at all. It already has a tick that says Sync Apps but it is only syncing a couple of them and not all
Are you selecting your iPhone first under "Devices" on the left, and then clicking the "Apps" tab on top?

Yes I am as that is the only way I can access the information
OK, please click the Store menu, then click "Authorize this computer"

Then try to sync again

Does it work?

Thank you

John Cappucci
nope I think I have exhausted every idea - I had set that up first when I downloaded itunes - does the fact that I dont have an App Store Icon on my phone have anything to do with it - how do I get one of those icons back on to my phone
Have you tried restoring the iphone ? (you may lose your contacts, etc, etc on the iphone)
yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this worked thank you so much for your help thank you thank you thank you thank you Smile
Laughing Thank you very much for accepting.

Please don't forget to feedback me here:
http://www.justanswer.com/feedback/leave-feedback.aspx

Positive feedback is greatly appreciated and very important to us.

Thank you

John Cappucci