Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

how to recover a file with adobe indesign error code 4

Customer Question
?...
how to recover a file with adobe indesign error code 4 ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Tom, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist

Tom :

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

What OS are you running? ie. 10.4.11 or 10.5.6

If you click on the Apple icon in the top left and choose about this mac. It will tell you the version number.

What version of Indesign?
OS 10.6.5 its the new macbook pro

I am still using CS3 for Indesign
Give this a try

Create a new document. Click File and Place and see if you can place the document.

Click File and Save.

Then Click on Edit and Edit Original and try to save again.

Let me know if this works
I tried that before.... nothing happens
I have done that in the past and it has worked.

Try repairing permissions:

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock.
Click Go all the way at the Top and Choose Utilities
Open Disk Utility
Select your startup disk on the left of the Disk Utility window
Select First Aid from the tabs
Click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button

Also try deleting the preference file.

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock. Click on Go at the very top and Choose Home

This will bring up your home folder. Go into a folder called Library and then another folder called Preferences. Delete the file called com.adobe.InDesign.plist

The only other solution is recovery from markzware.com . They provide plug-ins for indesign but also repair corrupt files for a fee. You can email them here. [email protected]
Sorry, but none of this helps. I think its a lost cause.
Have you emailed your file to markzware? They normally can fix corrupted files when the above solutions don't work
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX worth $100 to fix without know what I will get. It could come back in such a bad form and be so much more work to fix that it would be to re-create it. Thanks for your help. I had googled them before I found you guys.... ; )
I apologize for not mentioning this earlier but maybe I can check the file on a newer version of Indesign. If it is not sensitive, Can you upload the file to me?

If so just go to this site and post back the link here.

http://www.senduit.com/